Quality Specialist - Tic Tac/Repack
Job Location: Brantford
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Quality Specialist guarantees that the production unit operates in the respect of quality standards determined by FQD and respecting product features determined by the Quality Requirements. Generate ideas for a continuous improvement and implement related actions. Contribute to employees’ training in order to assure the achievement of quality objectives. Verify that the production auto-control works properly and operate promptly to resolve possible issues. Control that outsourced activities are performed in accordance to quality standards required by the production unit.
QUALITY CONTROL FOR THE PRODUCTION LINE
- Applies the unique product quality requirements on the competence line until the maturation warehouse using the corporate information system (Portal - SAP- IPC - Fenice)
- Issues, distributes and keeps updated and available to the auto-control operators and to any involved person, the require auto-control quality instructions and related forms, in relation to the production lines under competence.
PRODUCT QUALITY AND FOOD SAFETY SYSTEMS
- Executes and evaluates risk assessments under own discretion, considering additional sampling and or unique controls where deemed necessary to ensure process control.
- Ensure the execution of extraordinary sampling or additional quality controls on semi-finished goods with reference to specific issues.
- Promptly provides support to the production department, in case of anomalies or quality issues along the production line, under discretion of PQM responsible.
- Supports current and potential new customers through alignment of quality requirements and auditing requests.
- Regularly supervises quality control activities performed by operators on the production line.
- In case of issues or anomalies, work with all departments to implement corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence of the same issue.
- Ensure quality and food safety checks are recorded and are conforming to the defined specifications
- Cooperates with all supporting departments to pursue ongoing quality improvements (Technology, SSP, Maintenance, Health & Safety, Environment)
- Periodically verifies effectiveness of the quality management systems by establishing, implementing and coordinating verification and validation activities
- Manages the possible non-conformities according to criticality level
- Manages the root cause analysis for NC and for consumer complaints
TRAINING FOR EMPLOYEES
- Plans, organizes, provides and assesses effectiveness for training activities on various quality topics (traceability, food safety controls, CAPAs, cleaning and sanitation)
- Supports operators to verify that the quality control activities completed and recorded correctly
- Provides operators with all the necessary training gaps identified in the production unit to ensure competencies
TASTING AND SENSORIAL ANALYSIS
- Guarantees tasting activities along the production line (training, recording, reporting of anomalies)
- Participates in QDA taste sessions to ensure product conformance
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Supervises Quality Product Specialists to ensure all production quality activities are performed
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the Product Quality Specialists
- Ensure that all Quality Product Specialists are trained on all relevant procedures and operate in compliance with the work instructions
- Organize work hours, vacation requests and performance evaluation for Quality Product Specialists
- Ensure the Quality Product Specialists are trained for Health and Safety and Environmental aspects
ENVIRONMENTAL & ENERGY
- To assist in the implementation of and conformance to the Environmental & Energy Management Systems within key process areas.
Who we are looking for:
- Educational Degree in Food Safety/Microbiology/Food Science or related field
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of UGP Quality specifications, oPRP, CCP’s
- Knowledge of raw materials, packaging components, production processes from manufacturing to packaging
- Ferrero product technical knowledge (in connection with mechanical/industrial application) and technological knowledge (relating to the science of the process);
- Knowledge of Ferrero Quality and Food Safety processes
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and FSSC 22000
- Internal auditing experience is an asset
- Ability to conduct presentations and training sessions
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others
- Strong communication skills in a multi-cultural environment
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.