Job Location: Bloomington
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Project Enginner will be responsible for handling the introduction of new fixed assets into the company. This could involve the relocation and optimizing of the existing fixed asset base and/or the purchase of new fixed assets. Projects may extend from the initial conceptual studies through to project closeout.
- Propose and implement work processes, procedures and technical resources in accordance with Engineering Policy, Key Principles and Project Management Activity.
- Coordinate personnel (e.g. other project engineers, technicians, contractors etc.) to ensure the projects objectives are satisfied.
- Propose and control the cost of the project in accordance with the Guidelines for Capital Investment.
- Propose and monitor the project in accordance with the key performance indicators.
- Demonstrate and promote the company's values.
- Ensure that one exhibits an attitude of absolute intolerance for unsafe situations and never implement any change, whether directly instructed to, or under your own initiative, without first questioning its impact in relation to product safety/quality, people safety and the environment. No compromises will be tolerated.
- Ensure that the highest principles of ethical conduct on behalf of the community, consumer, company, and the engineering profession are adhered to and that all dealings are maintained within a competitive and fair environment and above reproach.
- Support and encourage clear and open communication between the team members and related stakeholders, e.g. site and market management, PTC, CO Engineering, CT Packaging and the SBU.
- Ensure that the procedures for protecting Ferrero/Ferrara technological and proprietary know-how are in place and actively being implemented.
- Ensure that the requirements of the client are maintained at all times in accordance with the business needs.
Who we are looking for:
Required Education: Bachelors Degree in Engineering Field (Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Electrical engineering)
Required Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years experieince in a technical field in a food manufacturing facility
General and Professional Skills:
- Strong technical, managerial and leadership skills.
- Project Engineering/Management.
- Plant design & construction.
- In-depth knowledge of food processing plant and technology.
- Knowledge of food safety, regulatory requirements for food safety and equipment.
- Communication and Networking.
- Understanding of financial analysis and relevant business drivers
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.