Production Plant Quality and Technical Manager
Job Location: Alfreton
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
It’s a great time to join us as the Ferrero Alfreton site continues its exciting journey of transformation and we look to the future development of this key site within the Ferrero group global portfolio. Join a family company with global reach, working with products and brands that are loved by millions of people, all around the world.
In this senior management role, you will lead and drive the local quality function. Encompassing all the key responsibilities expected as a subject matter expert and technical manager, in this role you will also work with key stakeholders locally and centrally to ensure a true ‘Quality at Heart’ culture across the site.
- Ensuring the efficient and effective management of quality in all aspects of the end-to-end manufacturing process
- Effectively leading and managing the site operational quality and technical laboratory-based teams
- Working collaboratively with key stakeholders both internally and externally to ensure that the products and production processes meet the highest quality levels as defined by legislation, group policies and standards and professional bodies
- Taking pro-active action as a result of monitoring quality trends and driving improvements
- Ensuring the correct implementation and execution of Ferrero Quality System, quality certifications and legal standards
- Be the key point of contact for all quality matters relating to internal and external visits on site during inspections, audit and group visits
Who we are looking for:
- An experienced technical manager qualified to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as food science, food processing who also holds the appropriate higher-level HACCP and food safety qualifications
- Demonstrable knowledge of FSSC 22000, ISO 9001, TACCP/VACCP, Allergens, Retailer Policies, BRC, Hygiene, Micro and Auditing
- Previous experience managing a site technical team and of taking a food production site through BRC, FSSC and ISO audits with demonstrable success
- Great communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally to build strong and effective working relationships internally at local and centre level and with key external stakeholders
- An individual with a positive outlook who takes a pro-active approach and has a desire to make continuous improvements to develop the function in line with wider organisational change
- A leader, with proven experience of motivating, coaching and developing their people to achieve
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.