Product Integrity Public Affairs Advisor
Job Location: Brussels
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Ferrero Group is looking for a Public Affairs Advisor in the field of Product Integrity to join its newly created Group Public Policy Center (GPPC) in Brussels. The GPPC is part of the “Institutional Affairs and Corporate Communication” Department of the Ferrero Group.
The successful candidate will focus their activities in the area of product integrity, which cover technical, scientific and legislative developments around food and product safety. They will support monitoring and gathering relevant information, developing Group positions and will be representing the Group’s interests externally (for example, in trade associations meetings).
The candidate must be self-motivated, proactive and capable of working on their own initiative. They will directly report to the Coordinator of the Access to Market Competence Center, and to the Vice President of the Group Public Policy Center.
- Monitoring and analysing EU legislative developments and initiatives in the areas of food and packaging (for example, contaminants, additives, food contact materials, chemicals)
- Informing and alerting internal stakeholders on potential regulatory impacts/risks. Support the direct Manager in developing advocacy strategies.
- Coordinate info exchange among concerned internal departments under the Manager supervision.
- Representing the Group's interests in relevant working groups in EU trade associations (e.g. CAOBISCO, FoodDrinkEurope).
- Develop and maintain a network of relevant contacts and establish effective working relationships with key stakeholders, decision makers, and opinion formers within EU institutions and other key organisations.
Who we are looking for:
The role requires a wide range of skills from data/information acquisition and analysis to dissemination of pertinent messages to internal and external stakeholders. Interpretation of relevant regulations and understanding the main impact for the Ferrero Group is paramount, along with solid communication skills. The candidate must:
- Hold a University degree in law or political science with a strong background in food regulatory and food safety, and 3-5 years’ experience in the food industry and/or EU affairs
- Be passionate about product safety issues and at ease with reading and analysing technical legislation;
- Be a highly motivated self-starter, precise and organized
- Be able to communicate and negotiate professionally with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Have excellent interpersonal as well as team player skills
- Excellent oral and written English and Italian. Fluency in other European languages would be an asset
- IT literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Be willing to travel as required
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.