Plastic Packaging Procurement Category Manager
Job Location: Luxembourg
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
For our HQ in Luxembourg, we are looking for a Category Manager for our Plastic Packaging Procurement function. In your new role, you will collaborate in the definition of the category strategy with medium and long-term goals. You will manage procurement activities for this Category; collaborating to improve quality level, and to minimize procurement risk. You will have the opportunity to collaborate in the development of innovation within the Packaging team and in the Capitalization of partner / supplier’ know-how.
- In your role, you will collaborate with Category Leader in the definition of the strategy of the Category of responsibility.
- Manage procurement activities for the Category of responsibility, ensuring product availability with agreed quality and service levels while optimizing value for Ferrero and applying the internal procurement methodologies. To succeed in your role, you will apply and implement purchasing policies, vendor management and developing policies, based on technical, organizational, economical and international financial knowledge, to reach the best possible results according to Group requirements in terms of timing and flexibility;
- You will Perform Market and spend analysis for the Category in order to continuously monitor and improve procurement performance. This will enable the evaluation of the categories risk profile.
- Through your decision making, you will elaborate a Category Budget that is responsible for establishing medium-term objectives respecting timing, costs, and required features by the Group
- You will engage in an analysis of the market, identifying suppliers that are potentially suitable to Ferrero Group requirements in terms of quality and innovation. Minimizing risks linked to mono / few sourcing situations
- Your role will define contracts that minimize TCO and meet qualitative, quantitative, timing and service level standards, verifying the compliance of contracts and master agreements.
- You will supports purchase orders management, looks for Request for Proposals from vendors, proposing qualified and suitable alternatives;
- Conducting negotiations with suppliers that is in alignment with internal procedures and Ferrero Code of Business Conduct will be central to your success. You should, through this, be able to ensure the competition between suppliers and subcontractors even by organizing tenders.
- Stakeholder management will be important to your role. As a category manager you will need to maintain, consolidate and improve relationships with existing suppliers, to ensure continuity, manage criticalities and strengthen common objectives
- In contrast, you will also monitor your suppliers’ performance of the (through specific KPIs), comparing with external and internal benchmark and using the Regional Procurement structures support, in order to ensure supply reliability, meet quality, quantity and time objectives, identify possible corrections and involve suppliers in critical situations
- As a manager of a team, you will be accountable for ensuring a system based on Group values, motivation, diversity & inclusion, competence development and empowerment
- To be a good Category manager, you will promote the proper communication and cascading through the line managers to the teams and guarantee professional development within your team, evaluating people and proposing development initiatives
Who we are looking for:
- 5 years of relevant professional experience;
- Master's Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Engineering or other related fields;
- Previous experience in Purchasing and knowledge of Global Plastic Packaging market, price agreements;
- Knowledge of principal manufacturing and sustainability processes will be considered a plus;
- Strong reporting and negotiation skills;
- Enthusiasm and commitment to excellence with a result-oriented approach;
- Ethical and strong personal values.
- Proficiency in MS Office skills Advanced in Excel;
- Knowledge of SAP ERP;
- Fluent in English (other languages will be considered a plus);
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.