Packaging Sustainability Design specialist
Job Location: Alba
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
- Open Innovation Science interface and teamwork on the “Accelerated Packaging development plan”.
- Project Development
Fast-tracked project development to design the new packaging materials in line with pre-defined objectives and the expectations of stakeholders, including:
- Material characterization and test;
- Product shelf life evaluation;
- LCA assessment;
- Recyclability/compostability assessment.
Project industrialization on an industrial scale ensuring results achievement in line with project scope and goals, carrying out packaging trials up to the materials homologation and documentation.
- Actively drive and accelerate the execution of complex plans within Environmental Sustainability & Product Protection Stream:
- Coordinating team of people on high complexity cross functional projects, with different internal and external stakeholders to the Ferrero’s organization, levering on people and project management skills.
- Carrying out alignments with the resources in order to guarantee a development in line with the pre-established objectives and the expectations of the stakeholders.
- Implementation of the Innovation strategy including business cases and packaging value chain structuring, from up-stream to downstream, meeting target costs.
- Knowhow and IP protection
Identify, develop and protect material and technology innovation ideas that can deliver a competitive advantage to Ferrero.
- Supplier portfolio development:
- Develop a new supplier portfolio to deliver the new materials on an industrial scale;
- Design and manage risk mitigation action plan to assure the business continuity of the new packaging supply chain (de-risking);
- Interaction with machine suppliers to develop innovative packaging solution material-technology.
- Build a robust internal and external network of experts and partners leading alignments with stakeholders.
- Master Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Packaging Engineering;
- 2-5 years experience in material science or packaging design;
- Deep knowledge of all packaging material categories from the up-stream to the end use;
- Project management skills and DOE;
- Lab analytical methods and software, LCA, SAP preferred;
- Strong business acumen;
- Product management experience;
- Self-driven and capable of dealing with a complex stakeholder scenario, from OI R&D to Production managers and Operators; excellent people management skills;
- Good communication skills
- Italian and English languages
- Excel, Powerpoint
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Strong analytical mind, attention to details on one hand, and ability to cooperate with employees at all levels and great organisational skills on the other, would be key to success. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on the individual, team and organisation dimension, so you should have the ability to work independently, as a part of the team and build good relations with stakeholders at all levels. Being flexible and dealing with a dynamic working environment as well as the ability to embed new knowledge and skills in existing competencies will definitely help you to become high performer here.