Packaging Development Manager
Job Location: Hangzhou
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
- Manage Global project implementation in the Region – in full cooperation with the Design project manager - ensuring technology choice, project delivery, costs, lead-times in line with central requests, company policies and expected output.
- Lead the development of local projects for the Region, delivering new structural design to meet a marketing brief.
- Manage packaging line trials, examine the outcome and deliver final report to drive Design decisions during project development. Ensure trials are completed on time and are representative for future implementation for the industrial project.
- Contribute to the analysis of technical feasibility in the co-packer/plant of reference, capex definition and alternative scenario analysis.
- Complete and share technical project documentation (technical sheets/technical drawings/cost sheets)
- Identify, propose and lead the implementation of improvement activity, cost reduction opportunities etc on existing projects, discussing these with the central team for alignment and sharing of best practice.
- Build the local packaging network (suppliers/agencies/marketing references etc). Offer one clear reference point for internal/external stakeholders on packaging matters.
- Put in place efficient communication flows for sharing of best practice across Regions, supporting the creation of an extended Packnet across the Global
Who we are looking for:
- Material science or engineering degree. Consolidated project management and structural packaging design knowledge. Understanding of packaging line design. Consolidated working experience in ASIA markets with good understanding of the local retail environment.
- Fluent English
- Familiar with 2D AutoCAD
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.