Operations Controller UK&I - 12 Months FTC
Job Location: Alfreton
Can be based Greenford London or Alfreton Derbyshire
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Ferrero, currently has an opportunity for an Operation Controller UK & I for a fixed term period of 12 months, who will report into Distribution Manager UK & I. As Operation Controller your role is to serve as a main point of contact between the Business Unit and our 3rd party logistics providers, in which you will be responsible for the smooth running of the operation (distribution and warehousing) and its associated costs.
Can be located London Greenford or Alfreton, Derbyshire
You will have operational focus on achieving agreed service levels - daily running of the operation supporting and monitoring 3PLs and reporting challenges back to the business.
- Keep open channel of communication and build bridges at all levels between 3PLs and BU.
- KPI settings and monitoring, request corrective actions and trigger escalation process, as well as reviewing weekly service level
- Continuous improvement mind set, listening to the BU needs and prioritizing efforts in line with the company strategy
- Compile the Supply Chain budget, tracking monthly performances and reporting results.
- Coordinate the month end process: POD monitoring for billing customers on time and invoice validation for paying suppliers.
- Consolidate SC costs for each period review (months, sessions, years)
- Provide detail analysis against previous year and budget. Break down analyses into activities and drivers Liaise with all suppliers, agree timelines for receiving back up invoices, review files, request amendments, approve back up invoices
- Drive the SC cost agenda, by highlighting savings opportunities and propose solutions.
- Work on the relationship between 3PLs and BU.
Who we are looking for:
You will have strong communication, stakeholder engagement and relationship building skills, in addition to:
- Having a detailed and result oriented mindset, with great interpersonal skills and customer-focused approach Able to work under own initiative as well as under pressure and to tight deadlines
- High level of numeracy skill with a strong analytical mindset
It would also be beneficial to have a understanding of Supply Chain and 3PL operations
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.