National Sales Manager, Food Service Canada
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
This position is responsible for managing and developing the strategic business opportunities for Foodservice, with assigned corporate customers (National), Quebec focused customers, regional broker partners, and distributors.. The position will have direct responsibilities for the development and execution of the business strategy by working through the regional broker and providing direction to the Regional sales Manager. The position will work within company strategies and policies, focusing on achieving trade and forecast objectives along with KPI’s on distribution, freshness, volume, trade and nets sales. This position has significant interaction and cross functional responsibilities as it relates to foodservice channel development, not limiting but including National hotel chains/resorts, National QSR/FSR chains, National Non-Commercial caterers, Vending, national distributors, higher learning institutions, Commercial Bakeries, Instore Bakery application both independent and chain accounts.
This role is located at 100 Sheppard Avenue East, North York, ON M2N 6N5.
• Develop presentations and communicate to brokers and customers the promotion plan in order to achieve brand, trade and budget objectives
Forecast and Budget
• Establish and propose volume expectations for prescribed period; develop and propose budget in order to achieve business results.
• Manage total trade for FS within annual prescribed target
• Initiate, build, develop and report potential new customers that will add growth to the business for foodservice
• Identify brand business opportunities to achieve greater growth results for the target channels
National Account/Distributor Execution
• Develop and communicate sales initiatives to our broker partners for field execution in order to achieve business results
• Establishment of annual KPI’s
Communication Flow Management
• Facilitate and coordinate communication flow between company and market in order to assure the business continuity on daily basis
• Execute Ferrero freshness policy with specific accounts and maintain budgets
• Develop strategic relationship with specific customers.
• Recommend the appropriate resources for Foodservice both at the operator level and distributor level to cover emerging business
Who we are looking for:
• Bachelors degree preferred
• 8-15 years experience in corporate environment, food, FMCG industry
• Extensive knowledge of foodservice, in store bakery, hospitality industry along with wholesale penetration and logistics best practice.
• Skill in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community (suppliers, customers, associations, distributors).
• Skill in negotiating and managing contractual arrangements.
• Skill in budget preparation via scorecard management and fiscal management.
• Skill in fostering a cooperative work environment.
• Skill in planning, organizing, and implementing a range of sales promotion programs and/or events.
• Skill in coordinating and organizing effective meetings.
• Knowledge of Ferrero Group freshness objectives/best practices.
• Experience with trade marketing for wholesale and foodservice
• Computer, negotiations, presentation and financial skills
• Planning both trade and volume forecast in sales formats (BI, Blue planner etc)
• Extensive knowledge of Canadian retail, wholesale, foodservice distribution network.
• Ability to set objectives and achieve goals.
• Ability to lead and influence others.
• Ability to problem solve and set priorities.
• Ability to work effectively with others.
• Ability to communicate effectively one-on-one (verbal and written).
• Ability to work effectively with facts / figures / data.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.