Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Job Location: Alfreton
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
As a Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer you’ll be a key member of a maintenance team carrying out the maintenance, repair and improvement of all equipment through planned and non-planned activities to maximise plant availability and efficiency.
- Respecting and working to standards in key areas such as health and safety, food safety environment, hygiene, and of course product quality assurance
- Delivering line performance through providing proactive engineering support
- Providing knowledge and support in the event of plant failure
- Undertaking routine maintenance on equipment so it performs to the expected standard
- The diagnosis and repair of plant, equipment breakdowns or defects, working closely with production team colleagues to advise on resolution actions and timeframes
- Carrying out scheduled PPM tasks and fault reporting
- Ensuring daily maintenance activity is recorded accurately and in a timely manner on the computerised maintenance management system
- Providing maintenance insight and input to problem solving and continuous improvement activities
- Advising of repairs or diagnostic issues to the Maintenance Shift Supervisor
Who we are looking for:
- A time served engineer qualified to level 3 or equivalent with an electrical or mechanical background
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- You have experience using computerised maintenance systems
- You have amazing communication skills and can build great working relationships across teams and departments
- You lead by example - following procedures and processes to keep our people and products safe
- You can work to clear priorities and within defined processes
- You understand the need to adapt to changing priorities and can adapt accordingly
This is a permanent position working to a rotating shift pattern of 3 on and 3 off 12 hours, days and nights across the year.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.