Molecular Biology and Allergen Laboratory Responsible
Sede di lavoro: Alba
Ferrero is anything but ordinary. A family company with a truly progressive and global outlook. Home to iconic brands Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Surprise® and Kinder Bueno®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Today, the Ferrero Group is present in 55 countries, and its products are sold in more than 170 countries. Our continued growth in new markets presents exciting challenges for our people, alongside significant opportunities for career development and mobility.
The Ferrero Group Quality Department’s missions encompass the definition of quality standards, the constant monitoring of the products’ quality from end to end, and the reporting of Quality performances to the top management board.
The position is within the FQD - Group Quality Laboratories. The core functions of this role are to perform accurate DNA-based and ELISA technique on finished products, raw material and environmental samples. The resource coordinates molecular test of pathogens, GMO and allergens analysis, processes testing data, and delivers results to the client in a timely manner in order to meet production and products release schedules.
Posting is for day shift, the hours will consist of 8 hour shifts, Mon-Fri, with regularly scheduled weekend coverage once a month.
- Plan and supervises daily lab operations, train staff, establish and communicate performance expectations.
- Ensures the execution of appropriate laboratory analysis by taking into consideration materials and products to be analyzed
- Ensures an effective management of laboratories within the Plant according to central guidelines (reagents stock management, calibration of the tools, application of accident prevention regulations, application of the central methods reported on the portal, etc.)
- Coordinates and manages sample reparation (weighing and extraction step) and the processing step in accordance to the reference method and to standard (defined at central Level), following sampling plans on SAP
- Supervises data analysis and interpretation, guaranteeing a proper result finding activity and related IT data entry
- Assures that laboratory instruments are all available and properly working. Handles and manages instruments for laboratory analysis and analysis’ procedures
- Collects offers given to purchase new laboratory instruments and materials. Performs the purchase of new instruments according to corporate procedures.
- Develops and improves techniques, protocols, and assays. Research new and innovative lab techniques and assays to stay up to date on best practices in field of allergens and molecular test to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Ensure compliance at all times with the policies, procedures and associated documents which are referred to in the manual.
- To assist through operating best practice in order to meet the requirements of the Accredia accreditation based to ISO 17025
- To maintain a positive, professional and safe working environment, being mindful of the company’s Health and Safety procedure to be willing to work on continuous improvement initiative
- Responsible for promoting a professional image of the Company and for complying with the Company's Equal Opportunities and Harassment Policies at all times, including work related events which take place outside normal working hours
- Hands-on experience on performing DNA-based test, e.g. DNA extraction, PCR, qPCR, LAMP, Digital PCR, etc. with knowledge of the underlying scientific principles behind these techniques - as well as method development and validation experience, in a regulated environment
- To complete to the required quality standards, the extraction, and analysis of samples for allergens testing using ELISA and PCR methodology.
- Experience with general microbiology including cultural methods and automated testing instrumentation.
- Laboratory workspace skills and management
- Master’s Degree in Microbiology, Food Science, Biomolecular, Biology or related field
- Experience 4-7 years
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Good documentation practices, data comprehension, and problem solving
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- IT skills (SAP and MS Office)
- Fluent English required