Maintenance Mechanic Lead - Night Shift
Job Location: Florence
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Assists in facilitating engineering operations to achieve plant goals of safety, quality, efficiency and productivity. Incorporates Company associate relations philosophy of team member empowerment to foster a positive work environment. Visibly supports Company policy, decisions and objectives at all times.
- Utilizing available resources, coordinates efforts of assigned personnel to achieve engineering and plant performance goals of safety, quality, efficiency, sanitation, scrap and attendance on a line and shift.
- Carries out daily maintenance plans; works with associates to develop recommendations for changes to equipment; completes all engineering, personnel, and shift reports as assigned
- Communicates, trains and monitors good manufacturing practice standards with special emphasis in the areas of safety, housekeeping and quality.
- Ensures that accidents are reported and investigated. Assists safety teams with recommendations for improvement, modifications and corrective action as may be required.
- Works with assigned personnel on preventive maintenance programs, emergency work order requests; records and reports data as required.
- Communicates Company policies and holds assigned associates responsible for knowing, understanding and complying with them at all times.
- Empowers assigned personnel to become self-directing. Develops assigned personnel to make decisions pertaining to their operational areas and bounds.
- Serves as a resource, providing leadership and training to assigned personnel; assesses job assignments, methods and priorities with associate input; evaluates performance of assigned personnel to the Maintenance Manager.
- Monitors and coordinates efforts in safety, sanitation, and special equipment training.
- May assist in conducting various communications including work place and task force meetings.
- Performs other duties as directed or as necessity dictates
Who we are looking for:
• High school Diploma or GED.
• 2-year Technical Degree in Maintenance field such as Industrial Maintenance or Mechanical Maintenance, OR related area of study, OR Journeyman Certification preferred
• 3 Years of prior experience as an industrial Maintenance Mechanic OR, 2-year Technical Degree in Maintenance field such as Industrial Maintenance, Mechanical Maintenance or related area of study AND 1 year of prior experience as an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
o Experience must include diagnostic troubleshooting, repairing and replacing defective parts, adjusting machinery, and modifying units to meet proper operating specifications.
• Experience in a food-manufacturing environment is preferred
• Able to work overtime when required
• Able to work with computers (navigating systems, recording information, locating information necessary to perform the job)
• Able to use basic mathematical skills, including counting, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals, fractions, graphs, and ratios, in order to perform machine and mechanical systems maintenance, calibrations and repairs.
• Able to read and follow blueprints, fabricate, assemble, repair, and move machinery and individual components, and utilize the (Ferrero) software reporting system for work orders and PM’s (SAP).
• Able to repair and replace broken or malfunctioning components on machinery and equipment
• Able to use hand tools and measuring instruments
• Able to use machine shop tools (MIG welder, TIG welder, band saws, grinders, drill press, etc.)
• Able to rebuild pumps, valves, gearboxes, cylinders, chain drives, belt drives, etc.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.