Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Job Location: Chicago
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
- Responsible for the safe, efficient, and effective mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and repair of all plant equipment, including ovens, packaging equipment, facility equipment, and support systems.
- Responsible for planned and preventive maintenance on same equipment.
- This role is located at 750 E. 110th St. Chicago, IL 60628
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Troubleshoots and repair packaging, baking and processing equipment
- Must be able to diagnose reasons for mechanical failures and know basic electricity principles
- Provide basic maintenance services to building, including building structure
- Repair pneumatic, mechanical drive and electrical components
- Can safely operate shop equipment including: Hydraulic presses, Bridgeport, lathes, band saw, and hand operated power tools.
- Mig,tig and stick welding skills preferred
- Operate Forklifts and Arial lifts
- Understanding of plant utilities equipment including: Chillers, HVAC, Air Compressors
- Food Processing experience preferred
- Basic Electrical troubleshooting to include: fuses, motors, circuit breakers, plant lighting
- Experience with CMMS or ERP systems preferred, SAP experience preferred
- Basic Computing skills
Who we are looking for:
EDUCATION: 5 years Maintenance experience minimum or a combination of 3 years’ experience and education.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE: Must possess at least 1 year of Maintenance experience.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.