Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
The position is within the Plant Quality Department at Lithgow, NSW – Australia.
The core function of this role is to perform accurate microbiological and chemical analysis on semi-finished/finished products, raw material and environmental samples.
- Plan and supervises daily lab operations
- Ensure the execution of appropriate laboratory analysis
- Ensure an effective management of laboratories within the Plant according to central guidelines (reagents stock management, calibration of the tools, application of the central methods reported on the portal, etc.)
- Coordinate and manage sample preparation (weighing and extraction step) following the steps in accordance to the reference method and standard (defined at Central Level), accordingly to SAP sampling plan
- Supervise data analysis and interpretation guaranteeing a proper result finding activity and related IT data entry, escalate non-conformity to the Plant Quality Manager.
- Assures that laboratory instruments are all available and properly working. Handles and manages instruments for laboratory analysis and analysis ‘procedures.
- Organize service and preventive maintenance on the Lab instruments
- Request quotation to suppliers to buy new laboratory instruments and materials. Buy the new instruments according to corporate procedures.
- Ensure compliance with the policies, procedures and associated documents always
- Maintain a positive, professional and safe working environment, being mindful of the company’s Health and Safety procedure and work on continuous improvement initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in microbiology, Food Science, Biomolecular, Biology or related field
- 2-3 years’ experience in similar role
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Good documentation practices, data comprehension, and problem solving
- Able to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- IT skills (SAP and MS Office)
- Basic knowledge of Food Safety and Quality management Systems (HACCP, FSSC22000, ISO 9001, etc)
- Preferred experience with ISO 17025
- Hands-on experience on performing microbiology and chemical analysis (PCR, Media and Plates preparation and SWAB technique, gas chromatography, etc.) with knowledge the scientific principles behind these techniques
- Perform and manage Proficiency Test
- Perform allergens test using ELISA methodology
- Experience with general microbiology including cultural methods
- Laboratory workspace management
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.