Key Account Manager (12M Contract on 3rd Party Payroll)
Job Location: Taipei
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
If you’re looking for a role with variety, this is it. As a Key Account Manager your main focus will be to drive sales development across a number of clients. You’ll work alongside Senior Account Manager to build brilliant relationships with clients with below key activities:
• Negotiate terms & facilitate trading term discussion
• Deliver sales target with agreeable trade spending
• Improve Freshness & manage returns
• Integrate ATL supports by Marketing & BTL visibility plan by Trade Marketing
• Review promotion effectiveness
• Improve forecast accuracy to reduce storage cost & attain healthy stock coverage both at our warehouse and trade level
Target start date: 1 Sep 2022
Contract is renewable upon satisfactory performance.
Key Account Business Development
• Deliver annual sales target within agreeable trade spending and return quota
• Integrate BTL activities w. ATL supports from Marketing
• Execute new products launch plan, including distribution, visibility and promotion.
• Develop creative promotions and activities to drive impulse purchase and create consumer excitement.
• Monitor the sell-in and sell-out performance to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of promotions and activities.
• Work closely with customers to develop joint business plan for mutual business growth.
• Improve visibility of main shelf planogram with brand guideline.
• Manage negotiation of trading terms and ensure implementation and compliance of all terms and sales promotion programs in all points of sales.
• Ensure in-store execution excellence
Trade Spend management
• Ensure and manage trade spend within given budget.
• Improve promotion efficiency to optimize trade spending.
Trade Return Management
• Keep appropriate in market stock level to optimize sales opportunities and trade return.
• Manage in-store stock level closely and take actions (if needed) promptly to improve freshness of products & minimize returns
• Provide sales forecast monthly based on off take and building blocks.
• Improve sales forecast accuracy to avoid out of stock or over stock issues
• Track and analyse daily / weekly / monthly sell-in and sell-out data of dedicated accounts to ensure timely response and action to the market.
• Analyse sales performance on promotion and activity base for optimal sales plan development.
Who we are looking for:
• Min. Bachelor’s Degree in relevant fields
• 4 - 6 years experience in similar roles
• Knowledge of commercial and office software (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint)
• Knowledge of the P&L, key account management, joint business plan development, sales forecast, trade spending planning and management skill
• Fast learner, communication and negotiation skill, and good presentation skill
• Market knowledge: FMCG industry, CVS experience is preferable
• Basic English speaking, listening, and writing
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
We encourage all our people to think creatively to set personal targets and objectives and push new, better ways to work. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on the individual, team and organization dimension, so should have the ability to work independently, as a part of the team and be able to build proper relations with stakeholders at all levels. A demonstrable consumer-focused attitude and autonomy in managing relationships will help you in building your position among stakeholders and achieving expected sales outcomes.