Junior Demand Data Scientist
Job Location: Luxembourg
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
For our Ferrero HQs in Luxembourg, we are currently looking for a Junior Demand Data Scientist who will report to hierarchically to ‘Demand expertise’, within the function ‘S&OP Office and Planning Process Improvement’.
The job purpose is to support the main tasks of the Demand Expertise function in:
BY & TOOLS PARAMETRIZATION & WAY
- Supporting the local DP in the adoption and optimization of the statistical forecasting tool (Blueyonder/JDA);
- Monitor the adoption status of each market and support them to define a feasible implementation plan with close follow up;
- Initiate and share best practice and standard way of working related to statistical tool;
- Support local DP on critical technical issue and problem solving;
- Provide data driven analysis and reporting to internal and external stakeholders;
- Work closely with BY project team to understand the latest rollout plan and provide suggestions and support from business perspective;
- Supports line management in data wrangling to enhance overall data understanding & systems set-up inconsistencies;
- Provides input to business referents on data parametrization logics to support planning-related IT tools development, set-up, functioning & understanding.
DEMAND EXPERT SUPPORT
- Support line management on data analysis related to KPI development and target setting (SFA, BIAS etc..);
- Support line management on DP professional family meetings arrangement;
- Create materials and documents related to standard DP process;
- Fully understanding on local DP process and support on the change management towards group standard;
- Provide training and cascading DP related functionalities inside APO DP, BW, BI;
- Work with IT on the ticket investigation raised by local DP;
- In this position, you will interact with the following departments: local Demand, SC managers, central SMEs, IT.
Who we are looking for:
Education & Background
- University Degree in statistics, mathematics, business, engineering or equivalent;
- The ideal Candidate has experience (1-2 years) in planning environment.
- MS Office package: high-level in MS Excel (able to program macros) and PowerPoint;
- Experience with Blue yonder (JDA) demand planning module or other statistical planning systems is a plus;
- Fluency in English is mandatory;
- Any other language is considered a plus.
- Good relational/communication skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Quick learner who is open-minded;
- Business perspective view;
- Ability to synthesize relevant information;
- Motivated/Enthusiastic/Proactive attitude.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.