Job Location: Luxembourg
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Finance Department of Ferrero Headquarter Legal Entities in Luxembourg is looking for an Account Payables and Receivables Lead. The role will report directly to the Head of Transactional Operations in Luxembourg.
The candidate represents a key pillar in the administration department for the most relevant Companies of Ferrero Group.
Managing a team of 3 people, the candidate will be responsible for the integrity and accuracy of the accounting processes and financial reporting, ensuring that all intercompany flows are managed in a complete and accurate manner.
- Overseeing daily activities of operations related to intercompany payables and receivables, ensuring adequate controls and governance;
- Leading and oversighting intercompany reconciliations and month end closing procedures. Reporting results to Group Consolidation Office;
- Maintaining the integrity of accounting records by ensuring that staff comply with accounting policies and procedures, ensuring that adequate reporting is accurately and completely delivered and regularly analyzed;
- Liaise with Local Accounting Department and CFOs, ensuring regular reconciliations of intercompany payables and receivables, as well as proper escalation for overcoming most critical situations;
- Supervising and providing guidance to the accounting staff on day-to-day operations with reference to intercompany accounts payable/receivables;
- Driving and guiding Business Process Outsourcer to ensure that Accounting procedures and operating tasks are properly executed in line with deadlines and operating manuals;
- Proactively evaluating, developing, and improving controls, systems, processes and accounting procedures to increase efficiency, to better support Company goals and objectives;
- Working closely with other functions (e.g. IT, Tax, GL, Procurement) in analyzing existing business processes to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement and streamlining of accounting procedures and flows;
- In cooperation with finance PMO, supporting new projects implementation and development having any impact on intercompany flows;
- Preparing ad hoc specialized reports and analysis (e.g. credit notes to be received analysis; blocked invoices, ageing reports) based on Management request;
- Working with external auditors to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business;
- Experience leading in an accounting function (at least 5 years);
- Previous experience in auditing company as a plus;
- Dynamic, proactive;
- Strong leadership skills and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact effectively and appropriately;
- Organizational skills and result oriented;
- Solid understanding and knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and bookkeeping procedures.
- Good skills in MS-Office applications (PowerPoint, Word);
- Strong knowledge of Excel (i.e. pivot table, v-look up);
- Strong SAP knowledge.
- Fluent in English, spoken and written;
- Italian and French knowledge are considered as a plus.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Strong analytical mind, attention to details on one hand, and ability to cooperate with employees at all levels and great organisational skills on the other, would be key to success. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on the individual, team and organisation dimension, so you should have the ability to work independently, as a part of the team and build good relations with stakeholders at all levels. Being flexible and dealing with a dynamic working environment as well as the ability to embed new knowledge and skills in existing competencies will definitely help you to become high performer here.