Job Location: Brantford
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Industrial Planner ensures optimal scheduling of the short-term production & materials for the Brantford plant in order to meet the production budget in the allotted periods and volumes coordinated with the Commercial Market Unit. The successful candidate will ensure adherance the medium-long term plan created by Remote/Senior Planners. The Industrial Planner also ensures that Production is in stock of all necessary raw materials and packaging related to semi-finished and finished product codes. This position is a combination of local planning/scheduling and materials planning.
Responsibilities include, by are not limited to the following:
Local Production Scheduling
- Receive weekly requests from business units/Remote planning (APO)
- Review the plans feasibility based on, line capacity, manpower and shift standards + packaging
- Enter the plans into the information system (which will determine, based on production models, the required production factors, i.e. raw materials, packaging etc.)
- Collaborate with sourcing to ensure packaging, raw materials are delivered on time
- Prepare the following weeks production schedule and share with UGP Managers, Maintenance Manager, and RTO’s;
- Ensure W+1 production schedule is as accurate as possible to that of the Senior Industrial Planner, while optimizing line efficiency and minimizing waste
- Lead/participate in SIM3 production meetings and review which lines to run and overtime requirements;
- Populate the manpower requirements and ensure effective communication with Kelly’s and Human Resources;
- Act as main liaison for short term requirements for the plant. Act as secondary liaison for market units when Senior Industrial Planner is not available to respond in a timely way.
- Maintain open & excellent lines of communication with Senior Planners, market units and AOP
- Review inventory levels in SAP, every Monday morning, and assess potential discrepancies.
Schedule Adjustments and Variances
- On a weekly basis review production requirement in APO from previous week compared to current week to determine if there are any increases or decreases in the production; requirements and adjust as necessary and communicate any risk
- Manage any changes to the production schedule as a result of unforeseen circumstances and make decisions to ensure the optimization of production resources and business requirements;
- Daily/Weekly analysis of the attainment to determine reasons for production variances and changes; ensure tracking and RCA for PPA
- Maintain daily communication with UGP Managers and RTO’s to ensure production schedule is being adhered to and if any problems arise adjust schedule.
Long Term Material Forecasting
- Review and provide long term forecasting of materials to both procurement and vendor
- Create long term capacity forecasts for materials for warehouse/supply chain to support space capacity planning
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels in target with department and group KPI’s
- Validate packaging & inventory adjustments and ensure inventory coverage is appropriate based on Market requests and forecasts. Adjust future orders as necessary.
- Investigate adjustments and track and measure stock outs
Delivery of Materials
- Review production forecast weekly and prepare purchase requisition for materials required to meet production needs
- Schedule packaging with the suppliers (delivery times) weekly call off
- Ensure ordered materials (packaging) arrive within time periods and quantities agreed upon; checking missed deliveries every Monday
- Guarantee acceptance of materials into warehouse;
- Establish and monitor the warehouse inventory levels (packaging)
- Ensure the planning of Just in Time Plastics is accurate and pre-productions where relevant are secured
- Critical reporting/short term criticalities of packaging- expedite when required
Who we are looking for:
- Competency using ERP, MRP and material planning software packages + Production Scheduling software & systems (SAP/APO)
- Proficiency (INTERMEDIATE) in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project
- Solid understanding of forecasting and inventory management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills/excellence with numbers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment
- Commitment to change using a Continuous Improvement approach
- Strong leadership and communication skills in a Team environment
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment while maintaining strong sense of urgency and focus on service
- 1 - 3 years of experience in a similar position
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Why work for Ferrero:
- Fully employer-paid benefits
- Employer matched pension
- 14 weeks Parental Leave top-up
- 3 weeks vacation (pro-rated in first year)
- Opportunities for advancement
- Employee Assistant Program (EAP)
- On-site Cafeteria
- Dedicated Covid Safety Team
- Free Parking
- Employee events e.g. BBQ’s, ice cream days and Ferrero product give-aways!
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.