Industrial Performance Specialist
Franklin Park, IL
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
This position is responsible for utilizing SAP for the definition of production cycles, production models, management of Bill of materials and production factor analysis. They will drive the budgeting process related to production factors, direct and indirect Plant related costs (production cycles, production models, overhead expenses) to support the definition of product cost. They will perform analysis to find continuous improvement opportunities to improve cost, waste, rework labor and OEE. They will ensure that the product master data documentation (product’s technical data) of plant products are in compliance with company’s guidelines and are available for review for plant management and control. They perform financial analysis to validate/support proposals and gain support of key stakeholders.
TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION (SAP)
- Ensure the availability and accuracy of information, from PFM team through RDP1 & RDP2s, related to packaging materials, artworks, need of creation of new packaging materials, sequence of usage of one material after another for all Finished Good materials to avoid production disruption and material write offs.
- Manage and create new packaging and Trial materials in SAP
- Ensures the availability and accuracy of information, from Central Documentation Unit through Technical sheet, related to packaging material consumption quantities, Pallet configurations and Technical drawings in SAP.
- Manage SAP Material Master data Resource file by Maintaining, creating or update new material codes (729,768,752 etc.) and ensure accuracy/alignment of material master data with RDP1, Technical sheet and RDP2.
- Coordinate, Analyze, propose & challenge for production factors like Direct labor, planned stoppages, Output/shift, overfill%, rework% and scrap%.
- Ensure the accuracy of the quantities of ingredients/Packaging material, scrap%, rework% in the bill of materials with actual production processes and RDPs.
- Monthly, Quarterly and yearly review of master data and models to analyze discrepancies and continuously improve.
- Responsible for correcting errors in models and material master data associated with work scheduling, storage and quality management.
- Ensures adequate technical documentation, in compliance with Ferrero standards by updating and maintaining the master data for 175+ SKUs for current budget, current actual and future budgets including opening views, updating variables and recording the changes.
MANAGEMENT OF MII SYSTEM AND DEVICES
- Act as Subject Matter experts for creation, linking and management of rework code, Scrap code on MII device for the production floor.
- Act as Subject Matter experts for analyzing, reporting and trending unplanned stoppages data from MII system
- Train AGs on understanding, downloading, analyzing the MII unplanned stoppages data to propose cost improvement projects
- Synthesize data from SAP BW/R3 reports, perform causal and/or mechanistic Analyses and propose improvements for production factors like output/shift, Efficiency, # of people, Rework%, Scrap % etc.
- Analyze, trend and present production factors on weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis in comparison to agreed budget.
- Develop, update and share the production factor loss analysis for AGs to deployed in the production units (UGPs)
- Update and maintain the production cycles (~150) with accurate information about the bag/min, headcount, extra lotto, cyclic & acyclic activities, efficiencies & Quintal/shift.
- Supervises and ensures the updating of the production related industrial documentation (models, etc.) and all needed versions of model/cycle and their mix ratios.
- Update and maintain the production models (BOM) with correct raw & packaging materials, correct cycles and material links in SAP.
- Performs analysis to find out potentials for cost reductions
- Performs benchmarking activities within and between Plants
- Perform studies related to time, machine stoppages, Bottleneck, material waste, labor and capacity to propose recommendation to improve cost.
- Participates in the activities of working groups, for performance improvement
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Engineering, or Finance
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in manufacturing environment
- Intermediate knowledge of SAP preferred, if not, then Working knowledge of other ERP software (like Oracle etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel preferred
- Knowledge of manufacturing environment/production processes (Preferred Ferrero production models, phases, cycles)
- Basic understanding of cost elements involved in product costing
- Basic understanding of continuous improvement methodologies like DMAIC, SMED, Lean etc.
- Attention to detail to ensure data accuracy
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment
- Develop creative solutions
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.