Industrial Logistics Manager
Job Location: Lithgow, NSW, Australia
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
We are looking for Industrial Logistics Manager to manage our warehouse operations and support the manufacturing operations at our Lithgow Plant.
The role requires leadership and technical capability in the areas of inventory control, receiving, picking, packing, storage of ingredients and packaging, quality control and safety; cross functional engagement with Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Industrial and Commercial Quality.
Critical to this role is the management of projects focused on driving improvements in terms of Industrial Logistics efficiencies, quality and safety.
This role will be required to travel to our External Storage Facility in Eastern Creek 1 day per week.
- Schedule warehouse operations and manage resources ensuring all receipting, picking, operations are completed on time
- Review inbound & outbound deliveries
- Schedule inbound & outbound transport for finished goods; Ensure all stock is delivered unloaded, quality checked and receipted into SAP
- Liaise with Production Operation to coordinate packaging/raw materials replenishments from Costa to Lithgow
- Liaise closely with Manufacturing and Quality and ensure daily operations are being resourced in terms of logistics
- Monitor and maintain inventory accuracy of all ingredients and packaging stored at the Costa and Lithgow warehouse locations for the Lithgow Plant
- Monitor inbound stock for the Lithgow Plant and escalate delivery delays or issues with Procurement and Production Planning
- Maintain production and UBD / BBD data in SAP
- Ensure correct storage & labelling of products
- Conduct stock takes and cycle counts as required
- Report exceptions to Ferrero quality requirements in a timely manner
- Work with QA to identify potential products requiring quality restrictions
- Coordinate with Group Quality regarding audits and remediation plans
- Identify opportunities to improve quality control within the Lithgow warehouse, prepare proposals and coordinate approvals and manage CAPEX process within SAP
- Lead projects related to quality improvements in the Lithgow warehouse
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Logistics Manager with excellent communication skills (written and oral), high level interpersonal skills and sound judgment, with expereince in end-to-end Supply Chain for FMCG, with particular emphasis on logistics operations supporting Industrial Manufacturing operations.
The successful candidates need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics/Supply Chain or similar
- Proven skills in team leadership, mentoring, problem solving and strong Project Management skills
- Excellent stakeholder management, ability to deal with multiple stakeholders and handle competing priorities
- Track record in leading warehouse operations, or a background in manufacturing operations
- Understanding the Logistics Operations in the Australian market, Knowledge of COR regulations
- Excellent computer literacy: Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Knowledge of SAP
- Experience in managing safety programs in an Industrial environment
- APICS certification (or substantial completion) – preferably CPIM
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.