Job Location: Halstead
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Ferrero are currently looking to recruit a Hygiene Manager who will lead the Implementing all the necessary Guidelines to manage the overall Hygiene inside the Halstead Plant. Activate all necessary levers to guarantee and monitor hygiene levels, according to the standard defined, in compliance with all the standards of Health & Safety and Food Safety in the food industry. Ensures that the Halstead Plant personnel is adequately trained on Hygiene aspects.
- Delivers auditing functions and corrective action programs around the management of the contracted hygiene team to ensure the daily cleaning of all areas is done in a safe and efficient manner.
- Planning and implementing deep cleaning and overhead cleaning schedules, working closely with the Engineering and Production requirements.
- Manage the Hygiene Team ensuring correct levels of staffing and training.
- To provide the highest possible hygiene standard and food safe environment for the site and its Customers.
- To manage the ordering and stock control of hygiene consumables and chemicals.
- To manage the hygiene budget and ensure all expenditure is authorised and recorded.
- To maintain detailed cleaning instructions and schedules for every hygiene activity that meet the requirements of the BRC food safety standard.
- To manage the provision of hygiene chemicals and dosing equipment on site - to include regular reviews with chemical supplier, periodic chemical dosing checks, maintenance of equipment and to oversee the safe storage, decant, transport and use of chemicals on site.
- To be responsible for the effective delivery of the site laundry service.
- Monitor ATP, environmental and allergen swabbing results for corrective actions and improvements.
- To provide training and awareness for all hygiene and waste handling staff in all procedures relevant to their role.
- Ensuring achievement of KPI targets.
Audit & documentation
- To conduct compliance audits/ inspections of internal hygiene standards and documentation.
- Write work instruction and hygiene procedures.
Health & safety
- Control COSHH management and associated training across all functions.
- Ensure all hygiene staff are trained and competent in all procedures relevant to their role
- To ensure material safety data sheets for all chemicals used on site are maintained, updated regularly and are accessible to all staff
Who we are looking for:
- Professional and proven experience of managing and leading a hygiene team with a food manufacturing environment.
- SAP knowledge
- Knowledge of cleaning systems and methodology
- Highly motivated with good organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- HACAP (Intermediate)
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.