Head of Trade Marketing Japan
Job Location: Tokyo
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
If you’re looking for a role with variety, this is it. As Head of Trade Marketing, you will be responsible in driving and leading the Trade marketing in Japan. You will be empowered in developing and implementing a shopper strategy for Japan Market and Categories, aligned with Brand strategy, channel and customer insight built with deep understanding of local customer partnerships in providing tools and means to activate Ferrero Category strategies at the point of sale.
In addition, you will be in charge of developing and implementing a Channel strategy approach with primary focus on e-commerce development leveraging on deep digital capabilities and strong channel understanding. You will also contribute to business by acting as a Project management leader for all new future strategic development.
CATEGORY, CHANNEL, STRATEGIES & PLANS
- Monitors and analyzes trade, competitors and shopper market data related for Channel / Category, in-order to identify business opportunities and develop Trade Marketing plans
- Develops effective medium- and long-term Local strategies in line with the Ferrero Group Marketing guidelines
- Defines the Channel Vision for responsible categories
- Supports the definition of the assigned Channel Strategy for each Category for the Country, in alignment with Brand Strategy
- Executes Channel / Customer performance and potential analysis
- Supports the definition of Sales strategies (assortment, trade investment, etc.) at Channel / Account level with the objective to maximize the business development and profitability
- Translate Marketing Plans to specific Channel / Customer plans (session plans, promotion, etc.) in line with retailers needs.
- Develops and implements cross Brand and cross Category integrated programs
IN STORE ACTIVITY MANAGEMENT
- Provides to Sales the best tools and means required for the implementation of the Marketing Strategy at the point of sale:
- Development of sales promotion plan and activity base and develop display, and the implementation of Trade Marketing initiatives at channel/store level on the basis of the needs collected by the Trade / Distribution Channel
- Tracking key activity performance ensuring Company guidelines and timeline are met
- Providing to Sales Function effective and relevant information about products, promotional activities, and display materials
- Integrating Marketing activities and Customers Management promotional projects
- Collecting the Sales Function requirements and ensures the implementation of Country initiatives and tailor-made activities
- Ensuring the implementation of “on Point of Sales” activities (e.g. promotions, placement, POP material, Point of Sales (POS) animation etc.)
- Developing field force supporting tools (e.g. catalogues)
- Ensuring in store trials implementation
- Coordinating information flows between Marketing and Sales
E-COMMERCE CHANNEL ACTIVATION
- Develop, in line with sales strategy and marketing plans, the shopper activation for Ecommerce Channel
- In Charge of defining and implementing the e-portfolio, platform activation, promotional campaign
- Assess eCommerce potential in the relevant channels defining Ferrero fair share and targets
- Assesses market positions and recommends product needs to meet sales objectives, consistently with brand positioning
- Coordinates eCommerce strategy implementation in the market, ensuring sales volume achievement
- Monitors continuously the eCommerce marketplace to determine possible market opportunities
- Assures that Ferrero’s Brands are marketed or introduced in accordance with Company policies
- Assures the best eContent strategy working closely with marketing team to continually improve optimal eContent for adoption onto retail sites to improve conversion
- Ongoing evaluation and sharing of market/channel best-practice with Sales and Marketing teams
PROJECT MANAGEMENT LEADER
- With the support of the Cluster GM, coordinate the development and implementation of all the relevant key projects for Japan Country (New categories, new channels, future potential, new tools deployment)
- In charge of planning definition, preparation of steering-committee, aligning and debriefing key stakeholders on all key projects
- Responsible for identifying axes of development for future growth for Japan Market
Who we are looking for:
- Minimum Bachelor degree in relevant field
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Trade Markaeting and related field, preferably in an FMCG environment
- Market Knowledge: Modern Trade, Impulse Channel and key focus on Ecommerce; Direct & Distributor Management, Impulse Channel; Channel & Customer Plan; Sales, Field & Merchandising Processes
- Strong strategic thinking, Analytical skills, project management skills
- Proactive, dynamic, responsible, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, result-oriented
- Fluency in English & Japanese
- Computer skills - advanced MS Office, Excel, PPT use
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
We encourage all our people to think creatively to set personal targets and objectives and push new, better ways to work. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on three dimensions: individual, team and organization that’s why you should have the ability to work independently, proactively and as a team member. A demonstrable great organizing skill and ability to collaborate at all organizational levels will help you in building your position among stakeholders and achieve team goals.