Group Credit Controller
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
For our Ferrero HQs in Luxembourg we are currently looking for a Group Credit Controller.
POLICIES AND COMPLIANCE:
- Prepares the Credit Management Group Policy and defines the main guidelines of the Credit Management process to be followed by all the entities and functions of the Group, including the payment conditions and the Local credit limits based on risk profile of the customers;
- Defines the Control Model to monitor and reports cumulative credit exposure, credit-impaired transactions and periodic portfolio reviews;
- Defines the rules of the Credit Risk Coverage Strategy to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of instruments available to ensure the minimization of credit risk exposure;
- Supports the Group Internal Audit to perform audit activities relating on the Order To Cash (OTC) process;
- Supports the GRC function to ensure the effectiveness of the controls on the credit management process through the assessment of the application of the Policy at country level;
- Ensure that all relevant documents about the Credit Management are reported in the AEDO repository system;
- Leads the training sessions to the countries about the Group Credit Policy and main pillars.
GROUP CREDIT COMMITTEE, CUSTOMER ANALYSIS and CREDIT EXCEPTION / RISK MANAGEMENT:
- Prepare the Group Credit Committee and related agenda with follow-up on GCC decisions implementation;
- Conducts the yearly group credit risk assessment process ensuring the implementation at local level of the Risk Coverage Strategy;
- Analyzes the customer risk rating by Country evaluating external and internal ratings, turnover and seasonal payment reliability;
- Supports countries in performing creditworthiness evaluation for all new customers, according to the Group parameters/KPIs;
- Monitors and tracks critical credit exposures in coordination with Area CFOs;
- Monitors the trend of the Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) and makes proposals to improve it in order to maximize DCF (Discretionary Cash Flow);
- Monitors accounts receivables quality and overdue ageing as well as the customers payables;
- Provides recommendations and proposes actions to the stakeholders on the credit management related topics.
FINANCIAL ANALYSIS and REPORTING:
- Leads the credit reporting process defining methods, tools, formats and content;
- Prepares the monthly credit report to share with Group CFO, consolidating the information received from the countries through the Credit Management Report and being the key group contact for local credit manager;
- Presents the monthly results to the Area CFO about credit, overdue and DSO performance;
- Develops and maintains a credit losses reporting, controlling potential losses coming from credit exposure;
- Monitors the calculation of the Bad Debt Provision according to the IFRS9 and the Group Credit Policy, ensuring the correctness of the provision accounted by all countries and central functions;
- Contributes to the monthly closure and planning scenario processes to ensure reliable DCF planning results.
INSURANCE COVERAGE MANAGEMENT:
- Provides support in the process of renewal of the insurance contract for the Group;
- Liaises between the Insurance company and countries to support the definition of the insurance coverage;
- Monitor claims opened and follow-up with the process of reimbursement from Insurance Company;
- Support countries during the process of requesting Bank Guarantee according to the Group Guidelines.
Who we are looking for:
- MSc in Finance, Business Administration or related;
- 4-6 years of experience in Controlling;
- Experience in FMCG sector is a plus;
- Knowledge of accounting;
- Strong analytical capabilities, strong problem solving and decision making skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Good understanding of multinational corporate culture and business principles;
- Ability to work under pressure and flexibility:
- Able to work with deadlines;
- Result oriented and high attention to detail;
- Assertive and confident, outgoing attitude, results-driven, high-energy personality.
- HFM /SAP knowledge is a plus;
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly in Excel.
- Fluent in English;
- Any other language will be considered as a plus.