Graphic Chain Specialist
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
As the Graphic Chain Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring graphic quality standardization and cost reduction as part of the North American team. You will also be responsible for managing existing suppliers (repro agencies) portfolio, introducing new suppliers, structural market scouting and benchmarking.
- Coordinate artwork and repro process according with the guidelines coming from central Graphic Chain
- Final technical checking of print file before dispatching to packaging printers
- Train packaging suppliers on brand guidelines for printability, Color Glossary, Color Book Guide
- Solve technical printing problems in collaboration with our Marketing teams, repro agencies, and packaging printers
- Process claims in collaboration with our Quality & Marketing teams and packaging printers
- Check and approve Agency costs on monthly base in line with approved price grids
- Attend press approvals across North America
- Support pre-artwork meetings in collaboration with Marketing, repro agencies and design agencies
- Support Ferrero factories abroad for major packaging projects
(E.g., launch or re-launch of a brand)
- Ensure all program requirements/standards regarding quality and food safety are implemented, practiced, and maintained
Who we are looking for:
- At least 8 years of previous relevant work experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Certified technician: printing technology or print media operator
- Experience in printing industry; preferably in packaging
- Knowledge of offset (lithographic), rotogravure and flexographic printing as well as finishing knowledge
- Knowledge of production process including phases, cycles, production models and information systems related to production
- Knowledge of packaging machinery
- Knowledge of packaging design
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Strong analytical mind, attention to details on one hand, and ability to cooperate with employees at all levels and great organisational skills on the other, would be key to success. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on the individual, team and organisation dimension, so you should have the ability to work independently, as a part of the team and build good relations with stakeholders at all levels. Being flexible and dealing with a dynamic working environment as well as the ability to embed new knowledge and skills in existing competencies will definitely help you to become high performer here.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.