Financial Analyst and Valuation Specialist
Job Location: Luxembourg
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
For our Ferrero HQs in Luxembourg, we are looking for an outstanding Group Financial Analyst and Valuation Specialist who will be working in the Ferrero Group Corporate Finance Department.
- Perform financial analysis on Group investments and Long-Term Contracts initiatives to be presented to the Investment Committee, supporting business decision by providing financial return KPIs (NPV, IRR, Discounted Payback, etc.) and conducting ad-hoc sensitivities;
- Manage investments database and PowerBI dashboard, monitoring thresholds acceptance and benchmarks;
- Manage the calculation of the yearly Weighted Average Cost of Capital for the Group, as well as for ad-hoc business cases;
- Perform peers and industry analyses, delivering quarterly and yearly financial assessments to top management;
- Conduct ad-hoc financial statements analysis on Group vendors/customers to evaluate creditworthiness and support business decisions;
- Develop financial models through available tools (i.e. Bloomberg, BvD-Orbis) in order to provide in-depth and quick analyses;
- Perform annual Impairment tests on Goodwill and support the Purchase Price Allocation process related to newly acquired companies;
- Conduct debt capacity analysis at Group and entities level, in order to identify the proper capital structure, supporting the best choice in term of maturities, instruments and currencies;
- Define proper financial inputs used for various aims: Interest Borrowing Rates for IFRS 16 (Reporting), Intercompany interest rates “arm’s length” (Transfer Pricing purposes);
- Support extraordinary funding activities (bank and capital markets instruments);
Who we are looking for:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related;
- Fluent in English;
- 1/3 years of experience in finance roles within large corporations;
- Strong basis of accounting and knowledge of the GAAP (focus on International Financial Reporting Standards);
- Strong knowledge of cash flow structure (direct/indirect methods), mastering monetary/non-monetary items concepts;
- Deep understanding of financial statement analysis and company valuation techniques (DCF, public company multiples, transaction multiples);
- Ability to deal with different internal and external Stakeholders at local and Group level;
- Advanced skills in MS Office, particularly in Excel (financial modeling skills), Word and PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of Bloomberg terminal and BvD-Orbis will be considered a strong plus;
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Strong analytical mind, attention to details on one hand and great organisational skills on the other, are the key to success. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is based on the individual, team and organisation dimension, so you should have the ability to work independently, as a team member and build good relations with stakeholders on all levels. Being flexible and dealing with a dynamic working environment and embedding new knowledge and skills in existing competencies will definitely help you to become a high performer here.