Field Category Manager - Drug Channel
Job Location: Remote
This position is remote, but preference is for the role to be based in Chicago, Boston or Parsippany, NJ.
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
The Field Category Manager, Drug Channel will be responsible for providing objective thought leadership to the customer on how to grow category sales and developing the customer specific category growth strategy. This includes driving both sales and margin for all products within their assigned market, which includes CVS, Walgreens and Rite Aid. They will also be responsible for creating customer specific category management selling arguments to build the equity leadership of Ferrero brands within the U.S. marketplace. This position can be based in multiple locations including Chicago, Boston or Parsippany, NJ and reports to the Director of Field Category Management, Strategic Accounts.
- Provide objective thought leadership to the customer on how to grow category sales for all categories Ferrero participates in and develop the customer specific category growth strategy
- Translate national category management initiatives into customer specific category management plans
- Work collaboratively with account, trade and customer marketing teams to develop recommendations for aligned “must dos” and ensure process integrity each session
- Participate in joint business planning development and customer planning cycle based on knowledge of category and shopper trends
- Support execution against strategic initiatives and commitments at Key Account in category
- Provide strategic and tactical recommendations to customer and national account managers on the category aisle, distribution, shelving, assortment, merchandising, and pricing to improve category performance
- Assist national account managers in developing medium and long-term business opportunities at accounts in category
- Drive support for new product launches through commercial planning process
- Manage and maximize use and output of syndicated research resources, shopper insights platforms, space planning software, assortment optimization tools, category management teams, research projects in support of the sales organization and ensure linkage with the category management plan.
- Develop and maintain customer specific monthly sales reporting and preloaded presentation templates that will be presented to leadership team members
- Enable sales teams to meet KPIs by providing selling story materials and additional account support
- Support innovation and seasonal efforts by providing data analysis and presentation materials
- Take on a subject matter expert role for key data tools (i.e. assortment, IRI, loyalty data, etc.) to help assist the team
- Interact with cross-functional team members from different departments and levels of the organization, gaining exposure, awareness of other functions, and experience collaborating
- Lead key projects and demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit as you help address category management opportunities
- Be responsible for launching & developing important resources that will be leveraged across the organization
- Participate in Ferrero & Category Management specific trainings to sharpen your skills and prepare for advancement opportunities within the Category Management team
- Build formal and informal mentorships with stakeholders for Sales, Trade Marketing, Brand, and Consumer & Shopper Understanding
- This position provides multiple career mapping opportunities
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business/Marketing discipline; MBA is a plus
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required; CPG Food & Beverage experience is a plus
- Prior Category Management, Space Management and assortment recommendation experience
- Past Drug Channel experience is ideal, especially with focus customers
- Syndicated data required; knowledge of IRI is a plus
- Strategic and proactive thinking to develop category strategies and translate them into distribution, shelving, pricing and merchandising objectives
- Data analysis skills to monitor key accounts' performance in category and develop strategies to close gaps, increase sales, etc.
- Management presentation competencies to effectively present key category insights in front of internal and external stakeholders
- Global mindset; desire to build a successful career with a growing global company
- 35% Travel required for customer meetings and HQ visits
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.