Electro Mechanical Technician
Job Location: Bloomington
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Electro Mechanical Technician (EMT) is a member of the plant maintenance team that supports factory operations by maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Perform electrical and mechanical system preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair in a team environment
- Follow Food Factory Good Management Practices (GMP's) to guarantee food safety
- Work safely following all required safe practices including LOTO, PPE, risk predictions, and work permits
- Utilize SAP Plant Maintenance CMMS system to document activities such as planned work, repair, and future work needed
- Proactively utilize available resources for troubleshooting and repair (operators, maintenance team, electrical prints, manuals, OEM website resources)
- Properly and safely utilize tools and diagnostic equipment
- Perform all work in a professional and workman like manner
- Identify parts required for repairs utilizing available resources (bills of material, parts lists, manuals, mechanical assembly drawings, etc.)
- Perform machine adjustments as required to support operations
- Examples of commonly encountered electrical devices and systems include switchgear and power distribution devices, MCC's, safety circuits, disconnects, fuses, PLC automation, motors, motor starters, relays, circuit breakers, VFD's, photo eyes, prox switches, relays, motor starters, temperature probes, level sensors, flow meters, control valves and more
- Participate in and support the Ferrero Operational Excellence system
- Perform additional duties as required
Who we are looking for:
- Associates degree, maintenance related certificate, or equivalent experience in Electrical Maintenance or Industrial Automation field
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.