Director, Project Management - Quality
Job Location: Parsippany
Ferrero is anything but ordinary!
Ferrero is a global company that is privately owned by the Ferrero family. The company has grown from the small Italian confectionary shop in Alba, Italy to become the third largest confectionary manufacturer in the world, producing famous market-leading brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, and Kinder Joy®.
With new innovations and exciting expansions plans in place, there has never been a better time to join the Ferrero Group and be extraordinary with us!
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Maintain a North American (NAM) roadmap for Industrial and Commercial Quality, track and report the progress of Quality projects under his/her direct responsibility or under Quality team member’s responsibility. Bring to the attention of the quality leadership team members and of the VP Quality North American major deviations and obstacles to facilitate their resolution. Coordinate the preparation by team members of the Quality reports, dashboard, KPI’s for Industrial Quality and Commercial Quality working with the Quality team members. Maintain and update the Quality leadership NAM agenda, coordinate the preparation of the regional meetings and of the meetings with Central functions, external partners.
• Supports and facilitates Central Quality function Partners in the prioritization of the projects and initiatives, supports the identification of the critical issues related to the integration of new businesses regionally, identifying the complexity that arise for various projects
• Prepares and maintains the regional quality leadership team agenda, in connection with group Quality agenda when needed
• Directly manages specific transversal or regional projects and ensures the proper and complete management and delivery of the assigned projects by coordinating all internal human resource staffing of the projects
• Monitors project’s advancement monthly, identifies actions to react to possible deviation working closely with other project leaders, Quality leadership team, and VP Quality NAM
• Evaluates the quality and technical requirements of managed projects, maintains commitment and proposes solutions to reduce possible Project risk
• Prepares for review a digest and summary of projects, Non-conformances, requests for derogations, in collaboration with central quality functions and regional quality members, for presentation to the VP Quality NAM and or regional quality leaders, cross functional leaders, group quality functions
• Is responsible for preparing the summary of the KPI’s and the regional quality dashboard, in collaboration with each Quality leader; Interact with central quality function when needed
• Supports the VP Quality NAM in consolidating the Projects facts and Figures for the Quality Master Plan
Who we are looking for:
• Bachelor's degree in Food science or Quality Assurance or related field required
• Minimum of 8 years prior experience
• Strong Project Management skills
• Broad Quality function experience, along the full value chain from suppliers to industrial and to customers
• FDA/FSMA/CFIA knowledge to adapt group procedures to the NAM region
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.