Director - My Perfect Store
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Director - My Perfect Store will be responsible for ensuring that the in-store activity strategy comes to life through the execution of the sales team, retail team, brokers, and distributors. This position is responsible for developing the “MyPerfectStore” model in the US and the scope includes all brands in the Ferrero portfolio and all classes of trade. This model will translate brand Go to Market plans into execution standards in "MyPerfectStore". The in-store execution will be judged against these standards with a feedback look to close gaps. The position will be based in our US headquarters in Parsippany, NJ and reports to the SVP of Trade Marketing & Category Management.
- Develop long term plan for “MyPerfectStore” program on the 1,3, and 5 year horizon
- Develop technology plan for “MyPerfectStore” framework to improve accuracy and automation (e.g. GPS tracking, digital image recognition, etc.)
- Partner with Ferrero Group in Luxemburg on the “MyPerfectStore” framework
- Drive execution of all levers in the Go to Market plan including execution standards for distribution, shelving, merchandising, and pricing (DSMP)
- Collaborate & coordinate with Trade Marketing, Category Management, Marketing, and Sales to align on the right execution standards and prioritize the standards across brand / channel
- Develop the weighting of points in the “MyPerfectStore” survey to reflect the prioritization of the brand, store location, and execution lever in each Class of Trade
- Mange the reporting of “MyPerfectStore” execution performance to keep the organization informed on in-store execution performance
- Create the KPI objectives (with Trade Marketing) for “MyPerfectStore” aligned by Class of Trade trends and strategy
- Integrate the portfolio in-store activity calendar by session / channel into the “MyPerfectStore” framework
- Coordinate big data integration of “MyPerfectStore” to integrate execution reporting with sales performance
- Track performance of the execution levers at a store level and analyze performance to develop recommendations on what levers to prioritize by brand channel based on lift
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business/marketing discipline required; MBA preferred
- 8+ years of relevant experience in a CPG setting, with extensive sales experience
- Multi-channel CPG experience including: C-store, Mass, Grocery, Dollar, e-Commerce & EU Discounters
- Significant experience of Brand / Trade / Customer Marketing, supporting delivery of effective joint business plans
- Inspirational leadership and management style that promotes teamwork and nurtures top talent
- Strong communication skills with an ability to outline and reinforce the Group & Regional vision / strategy
- Strong decision making and interpersonal skills with an ability to influence at the most Senior levels
- Commercially astute with strong business sense and excellent problem solving / analytical skills
- Management presentation competencies to effectively present key category insights in front of internal and external stakeholders
- Candidates should possess strong collaborative capabilities, high integrity & ethics, and operate daily with the company's values in mind
- Experience managing a team to deliver results and to provide career development for team members
- Global mindset; desire to build a successful career with a growing global company
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.