Data Scientist Specialist
Job Location: Alba (CN)
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The resource will enter Data Scientists Team within Consumer Shopper Understanding Italy.
• Supporting scientific/methodological development of R&D and deployment activities for the realization and/or certification of Advanced Analytics approaches
• Supporting the testing and verification phase of possible new approaches and tools, allowing to put already-available data at work
• Having effective relationships with IT Business Partner(s)
• Implementing effective relationships with stakeholders, in order to develop approaches in line with expectations as based on business questions and extract insights for dissemination
• Proactive identification of stakeholders’ needs and opportunities
• Supporting to designing of algorithms and approaches
• Implementing efficient methods on Group’s IT infrastructures
• Supporting the definition of work plans within the team
• Deriving first insights from data and translating them into business actions and information.
Who we are looking for:
• Master's Degree or postgraduate qualification in disciplines such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Technology
• Knowledge of main Advanced Analytics state-of-the-art (Descriptive, Predictive, Prescriptive) approaches with proven capabilities of contextualization in Consumer & Shopper Understanding domain
• Expertise in IT tools and platforms evaluation, in order to support relationship with IT-BP
• Advanced knowledge of programming languages (e.g. SQL, Python) to support implementation of algorithms and procedures
• Good knowledge of visualization tools for insights dissemination (e.g. Power BI)
• Knowledge of syndicated data sources in Retail and Consumer Panel fields (e.g. IRI, Nielsen, GfK, …) as an additional plus
• Proven communication and presentation skills
• Capability to derive actionable insights from data
• Project management capabilities
• Proactivity, curiosity, and creativity, passion for innovation
• Fluency in English and Italian
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.