Customer Service Channel Leader
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
With the supervision and oversight of the Customer Service Director, the Customer Service Channel Manager is responsible for optimizing the service level and logistics performance (case fill, on time to appointment and on time to original requested delivery date) for end-to-end order-to-cash cycle for the accounts that are managed within their team. Daily activities include ensuring timely processing of orders while maximizing service and providing timely, accurate and appropriate communication to the customers, brokers and sales team members. The Team Lead will be responsible for continuously driving process improvements that drive improvements in service, delivery performance, logistics efficiency, communication, and overall cost to serve our customers.
- Organize the activities inside the Customer Service department (provide clear directions and assure backup of people in case of sick leave and/or vacation)
- Monitor and valuate people performance of the Customer Service department (inside the covered teams)
- Control and process sales orders placed in SAP system
- Control quantitative limits of goods by customers (allocation) in order to assure proper order fill rate/service level
- Assure proper priorities for orders/clients in case of stock shortages defined by planning team
- Assist customers in streamlining order processing, improving customer logistics performance and total cost-to-serve
- Analyze and propose improvements to overall cost-to-serve for key accounts
- Partner with logistics services providers in order to control on-time realization of deliveries to clients and proper handling of return
- Provide all needed information related to customization of customer’s delivery requirement
- Respect time windows of placing order
- Drop deliveries on time based on the CRAD defined in the sales order
- Provide continuous/proactive feed-back to Sales Force/customers/brokers reg. sales order execution
Who we are looking for:
- Thorough understanding of Customer Service with the ability to optimize leadership skills to inspire your team and across the Supply Chain
- Skilled in relationship management within your team, Customer Service, Supply Chain, Sales and most important; our customers to drive a continuous improvement mindset across the supply chain and the entire organization
- Ability to support day-to-day operations while focusing on continuing to drive improve results
- Bachelor’s degree with 4-7 years of experience in Customer Service and Customer Logistics in the fast-moving consumer goods industry, preferable food & beverage
- Minimum of 3-5 years of managing people
- Proficiency with SAP computer systems
- Intermediate to Expert skills in Microsoft Excel (Vlookup, Pivot Tables)
- Intermediate skills in preparing effective presentations with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability to work under pressure with specific deadlines while multi-tasking
- Ability to set priorities and solve problems
- Effective influencing skills
- Experience with VMI and EDI a plus
- Some travel required
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.