Customer Business Manager - Walmart
Job Location: North York/Toronto
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Diversity & Inclusion
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
This position is responsible for the development and deployment of successful business building strategies to the designated departments at Wal-Mart Canada. This is done in alignment with Corporate objectives & goals specifically pertaining to Ferrero’s annual volume & trade targets assigned to the Walmart team for each/all sub-brands managed. These include in-store presence targets for - shelving, distribution, merchandising, pricing. The role is also responsible for communicating these strategies to the retail organization and providing the necessary direction to achieve flawless execution at Walmart nationally.
• Represent Ferrero at regular Customer business review meetings to drive business opportunities with Walmart
• With an understanding of the product line and it’s role at the account act as key contact with assigned Category Buyers.
• Directly responsible for assigned Buyer programs in terms of: Seeking opportunities, Execution, Maintenance
• Develop and execute Joint Business Plans for assigned busines
• Assist in development of Full JBP roll up as assigned
• Required to help improve process and selling efficiencies
• Ability to analyze and interpret data
• Influence business decisions based on insight into sales results, market dynamics, and category share.
• Develop insights and make recommendations for Category/BLR Reviews
• Complete a post analysis of programs sold in and make recommendations for improvements
• Continuously review business focusing on improvement via Correction of Errors reports and make recommendations to improve sales and store level execution for all businesses managed.
• Develop insights and make recommendations for Plan-o-gram projects for Categories managed, semi-annually.
• Risk Analysis
• Assist in the development and maintenance of Key account strategic plan
• Develop a recommendation for Annual Business Plan
• Develop insights and make recommendations to ensure that budgets are achieved
• Provide input regarding predicted effectiveness of promotional scenarios and impact to sales forecast.
• Develop recommendations for sales forecast estimates for new products
• Maintain ongoing the Walmart item forecast for assigned Items within the Walmart portfolio
Store Level Inventory Management
• Develop recommendations for store level orders for seasonal or event programs
• Develop and maintain model for inventory sell through
• Make recommendations to maximize inventory sell through by either adjusting store level inventory or redeploying field resources (or a combination of both)
• Develop and maintain a weekly store level inventory report and make recommendations for inventory adjustments to individual stores to maximize both sales and product freshness
• Communicates planned activities to Field Personnel
Who we are looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years experience working within the CPG/FMCG industry
• CPG market, customer base and market dynamics knowledge
• Knowledge of Grocery business and distribution network
• Analytical abilities and data proficiency with original thought to interpret
• Excel, database management, macro’s abilities
• Strong knowledge of MS Office software
• Knowledge and Experience of Walmart’s Culture and operating guidelines
• Walmart retail link systems via field exposure or Home Office
• Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management
• Skill in planning, organizing, and implementing a range of sales promotion programs and/or events
• Experience with category management and trade marketing
• Negotiation, presentation and financial skills
• Ability to set objectives and achieve goals.
• Ability to lead and influence others.
• Ability to problem solve and set priorities.
• Ability to work effectively with others.
• Ability to communicate effectively one-on-one (verbal and written).
• Ability to work effectively with facts / figures / data.
• Ability to work independently without guidance and multitask in a fast moving team environment
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Creativity in the development of sales programs and processes
• Strong critical thought process
• Able to anticipate the needs of the business as opportunities and situations occur.
• A Passion for Winning and Continuous Improvement in a team environment.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.