Customer Business Manager - East
Job Location: Montreal
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Diversity & Inclusion
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
This position is responsible for leading all facets of business planning and management in Convenience and Gas channel (C&G, Wholesale, Independent) within Quebec, Atlantic and part of Ontario. Individual will work within company strategies and policies to optimize Ferrero Canada distribution, display and promotion within assigned set of customers. Accountable for building annual strategic customer plans in order to deliver superior results against net sales objectives. The position has significant channel complexity given the relationship with distributors and wholesalers.
This position is based in a home office in Quebec, and will require up to 20% travel within Canada.
Strategic Business Development
• Employ the tools and practices of: Fact Based Selling, Category Management, ROI analysis to fuel profitable top and bottom-line growth.
• Identify opportunities, gaps, and risks translating these into recommendations to drive volume and profit.
• Identify and communicate competitive activity / strategies. Counter these with effect deployment of the tactics listed above.
Forecast and Budget
• Establish and propose volume expectations for prescribed period; develop and propose budget in order to achieve business results
• Weekly forecasting and trade management
• Explore new sales opportunities with existing customers in order to grow business
• Launch innovation meeting all KPI’s
• Develop superior relationships with all retail customers in specific region accountable for
• Manage Company Objectives in order to meet Company budget for their specific region, to be deployed at retail
Sales People Management (Indirect)
• Develop and communicate sales initiatives to Quebec and Ontario merchandisers (sales force) in order to achieve business results on a monthly basis
• work with other Ferrero head office departments to ensure high level of integration within the sales organization- supply chain, customer marketing, customer service
• work with sales teams affected and impacted by indirect volume and trade within customer portfolio
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Business or related field of study
- 4 to 7 years experience working within the CPG/FMCG industry, in a customer-facing sales role
- Proficiency written and oral English and French is a requirement for the role
- Extensive knowledge of retail and wholesale merchandising and logistics best practices.
- Knowledge of C and G Channel in Quebec and Atlantic Canada a plus
- Proven track record of working with cross functional teams and delivering superior results through others.
- Extensive knowledge of retail merchandising and logistics best practices.
- Skill in balancing priorities and influencing results across a diverse work setting (direct customers, indirect customer, distributors, and wholesalers).
- Skill in negotiating and managing contractual arrangements.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Skill in fostering a cooperative work environment.
- Skill in planning, organizing, and implementing a range of sales promotion programs and/or events.
- Skill in building annual business plans
- Skill in coordinating and organizing effective meetings
- Skill in business financials and logic applied to sales strategy
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Ferrero Group freshness objectives/best practices.
- Knowledge of Canadian retail and distribution network (Convenience & Gas Channel)
- Passion for winning and delivering beyond expectations.
- Ability to proactively find opportunities and solutions.
- Ability to meet and exceed objectives and achieve goals.
- Ability to lead, motivate and influence others.
- Ability to problem solve and set priorities.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively one-on-one (verbal and written).
- Ability to work effectively with facts and figures to draw out insights.
- Ability to work autonomously.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.