Customer Business Analyst, Loblaws
Job Location: North York/Toronto
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Diversity & Inclusion
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
To collect, analyse, and interpret data to report and provide insights to assist in the strategic management and development of the Ferrero business at the Customer. Data used includes sources such as Customer’s Business Systems, Ferrero Business Systems, and Nielsen. Provides full support to the National Customer Business Managers and interacts with the customer along with customer marketing, sales, customer service and management. Additionally, provides support to the customer as Embedded Vendor supporting demand planning and baseline analytics for both LCL and SDM. Finally, provides secondary support on sales administration as well as reporting to Associate Director, Sales and Sr. Director of National Accounts.
This position is located at 100 Sheppard Avenue East, North York, ON, M2N 6N5.
• Collect data and report/analyze sales metrics including but not limited to: shipments, POS sales, inventory, market performance, distribution
• Develop insights and make recommendations based on analyses
• Influence business decisions by developing sales presentations based on insights uncovered
• Complete post analysis and make recommendations for improvements to:
o Pricing strategies
o Promotional strategies
o Store level merchandising execution
• Develop insights and make recommendations for POG improvements including placement and distribution.
o Follow through on distribution gains/losses with baseline forecasting trends
• P&L, opportunity, risk & liability analyses
• Assist in the development, maintenance, and ongoing reporting of account’s strategic plan
• Assist in development of yearly business plans & monthly forecast updates
• Assist in forecast estimates for new products and adjustments on existing items
• Provide input regarding predicted effectiveness of promotional scenarios and impact to sales forecast
Supply Chain Liaison
• Act as key contact between Ferrero and the Customer for forecasting supply chain issues and concerns (Loblaws Embedded Vendor)
• Identify potential issues with customer’s demand planning team on core and seasonal items and support resolution internally and externally
Represent Ferrero at Customer Meetings
• Share insights and challenge assumptions at business review meetings with the National Account Manager and the customer
• Attend selected regular meetings to support Nat. Cust. Bus. Manager with insights into the matters at hand
Administration / Sales Support
• Manage LCL Vendor Portal including listings and all applicable sku data requirements
• Support all customer sample, image, and sku info requests
• Provide administration support on volume & budget tracking, deductions, and related sales data & reporting requirements
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Business or related field of study
- 1 to 3 years experience working within the CPG/FMCG industry
- Analytical abilities and data proficiency
- Provide original thought to interpret data – transform insights into actionable recommendations
- Detail oriented with a focus on accuracy
- Superior Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office software proficiency (Word, Powerpoint)
- CPG & Loblaws experience an asset
- Nielsen knowledge an asset
- Proficiency in applications in an SAP environment an asset (BI)
- Budget management
- Strong critical thought process with the curiosity and ability to investigate trends and identify areas for sales focus
- Self-starter who takes initiative
- Ability to work effectively with others as well as independently without guidance and multitask in a team environment
- Ability to problem solve and set priorities
- Ability to meet deadlines & manage requests from multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work in ambiguity
- Ability to set and achieve goals
- Ability to lead and influence others
- Resourceful - strong networking skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and demonstrates a bias for action/sense of urgency
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.