Consumer Activities Manager
Job Location: Shanghai
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The role is aimed to provide the support to CSU Consumer Insights team to support and develop Ferrero China core brandds.
- Provide 360 degree timely brand diagnosis and audit to support the evaluation of brand key initiatives & future planning
- Provide high quality insights based on flawless execution of research projects to support brand development funnel, especially communication development
- Provide transversal insights/ learning to inspire brand strategies and executions
- Timely review of brands’ key initiatives/ activities based on multiple data source: business performance data, GAT tracking, social listening, ad-hoc projects
- Review decks and database historical reports, synthesize learnings and refresh with latest findings
- Integrate research reports, performance data (Nielsen, ECD, internal PBI) as well as other secondary information to provide holistic evaluation of brands’ status quo and opportunity areas
- Identify the relevant insight to strengthen and contextualize brand BPS
- Drive the communication research funnel and serve as both, gatekeeper and optimizer
- Support packaging renovation and seasonal line development
- Design, manage, execute and deliver transversal research projects, i.e. Censydiam, U&A, social listening, etc. and deliver strategic implications to inform the system
- Identify and execute the most relevant topical analysis using multiple data source, to inspire new business strategies and opportunities
- Drive the financial process and update rolling forecast on monthly basis
Who we are looking for:
- 5+ years consumer insight/market insight experience. Experience from both agency & in-house sides is preferred
- Well-rounded knowledge & expertise in different disciplines of research: qualitative and quantitative, primary & secondary data, claimed & passive data, etc. Hands-on experience with retail audit/ consumer panel data is a plus
- Good knowledge with different types of research solutions: brand health/ equity, communication pre-test, brand tracking, consumer segmentation, social listening, etc.
- Good knowledge of consumer journey in new digital ecosystem
- Tangible experience in research projects leveraging big data, passive data for consumer behavior, digital experience, path-to-purchase and touchpoint effectiveness
- Curiosity and sensitivity with the insight nuances, with ability to look through the first degree data to uncover underlying insights
- Ability to put together different sources of data, insights, findings and synthesize into a story-telling piece of work
- Excellence in research project management, from brief to fieldwork to report delivery to internal cascade
- Solid interpersonal, communication & influencing skills, ability to interact on different levels and with different stakeholders
- Proactiveness, curiosity, ability for multitasking, drive for result, meeting deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office tools, especially PPT & Excel
- SAP experience is of a plus
- Fluency in both, English and Mandarin
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.