Co-Manufacturing Site Manager
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Job Location: Chicago, IL
About the Role:
The Co-Manufacturing Site Manager will be responsible for effective delivery at up to 10 Co-Manufacturing locations across the US. This role is responsible for developing and implementing effective material sourcing strategies and lead make vs buy decisions to optimize material costs and obsolescence risk. The Co-Manufacturing Site Manager is also responsible for cost saving measures at 3rd party locations, drafting and managing contracts ensuring performance of the supplier to contract obligations, and quantitative analysis to identify financial impacts of decisions. The position will be involved in capital investments for opportunities to expand capabilities and/or capacity for volume growth.
The Co-Manufacturing Site Manager will be based in our Chicago, IL office. All Ferrero corporate offices operate on a hybrid model with 2 days working from home/3 days working in the office.
- Define team goals and priorities
- Support the development of team members by providing guidance and training
- Identify risks and issues and suggest alternatives that lead to the best solution
- Cultivate supplier and manufacturer relationships through regular communication and business reviews
- Identify cost saving measures at 3rd party locations
- Create and implement programs to develop, continuously improve, govern, rationalize and monitor SLA's/KPI's of the 3PLs
- Work to understand available capacity line process detail and troubleshoot production line layouts for efficiencies and quality
- Partner with Production Planner and 3rd party management to align on future production needs
- Maintain SKU production start dates and track deliveries in order to meet start date
Contracts and Negotiation:
- Draft and manage contracts ensuring performance of the supplier to contract obligations
- Monitor agreements throughout the contract life cycle for price increases, product launches, appropriate approvals, expirations, etc.
- Utilize negotiations to maximize value and cost savings benefit while lowering risk
- Review contractual performance of both parties to ensure compliance with terms and to Identify conflicts or changes requiring resolution at contract renewal
- Amend and/or renew contracts with 3PLs
- Identify financial impacts of decisions through quantitative analysis
- Ensure invoice accuracy for all contract manufactures and adhere to budget
- Responsible for line efficiency and turnkey costs
- Assist with US Co-Manufacturing network budgeting process and 3rd party budgeting process
- Identify and implement an effective packaging and raw material sourcing strategy to optimize packaging costs and obsolescence risk
- Oversee project groups for the development and launch of new products
- Coordinate new product launches between 3rd Party Co-Manufacturer, R&D, Packaging Development, Planning and Cost Accounting
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define SLA's and KPI’s for suppliers and measure the appropriate criteria
- Conduct presentations to internal stakeholders and business reviews with 3PLs
- Project escalations
- Propose opportunities to expand capabilities and/or capacity for volume growth
- Perform business process analysis and develop models to improve cost
- Assess contract manufacturers for their ability to manufacture finished good products within the requirements of the company
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in the food industry; chocolate confectionery industry experience is a plus
- Experience working in a production environment
- Ability to travel within the US and Canada
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.