Category Strategy Manager
Job Location: Sydney
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Category Strategy Manager to lead the charge on arguably our most important category – Seasonal & Boxed Chocolate. Working with two of our powerhouse brands – Ferrero Rocher and Kinder – you will provide insights, opportunities and drivers of growth internally & to our major retailers within your category. Major seasonal events like Christmas and Easter are crucial to the delivery of Confectionery Category and Ferrero results each year – making this a high profile and vital role.
As Category Strategy Manager you will manage multiple internal stakeholders to provide the strategic bridge between retailers and Ferrero, and effectively meet the needs of the consumer/shopper, Ferrero, and our customers – the triple win. You will be adaptable and flexible in managing workload, complexities and challenges, and leveraging opportunities.
Reporting to the Category Strategy Director some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Recommend overall category and Ferrero growth opportunities to achieve business results for Ferrero and retailers;
- Lead development of Category strategies using shopper, consumer and channel insights;
- Translate strategies and insights into executional 4P recommendations for both Everyday and Seasonal portfolios, including ideal range, location of products/segments, price and promotional strategy, and activation initiatives;
- Influence internal and external key stakeholders and be a top performer in a cross functional environment, ensuring a customer and category focused agenda;
- Build strategic partnerships with category buying teams at key retailers to provide expertise and create opportunities for the category and Ferrero;
- Build strong strategic joint business plans with our retailers to deliver best in class initiatives;
- Play a key role providing leadership and strategic direction for the wider category, sales and marketing teams;
- Drive Ferrero on the journey to become more category centric, utilising the appetite globally and locally to champion the team
- A proven history of success in FMCG category management with experience in sales/marketing functions also desirable; (min 8 years’ experience)
- Proven experience in utilising multiple data sources to define strategy and provide tangible value for various FMCG categories; including IRI Scan & Shopper Panel data, Quantium & Unify
- Ability to think strategically for the medium and long term, as well as focus on the detail to inform short term execution;
- Proven ability to analyse and interpret shopper and channel data to achieve compelling insights;
- Ability to influence and drive cross functional alignment
- Driven, self-motivated and well-presented individual
- Well developed communication and analytical skills, with strong commercial understanding
- Tertiary qualification in Business or a related field
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Customers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as customer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Thanks to your global thinking, strategic mindset and innovation approach you will develop effective strategies. Balancing your drive with an analytical approach should help you to develop insight-based concepts to implement. Employee contribution and engagement at Ferrero is individual, team and organization based, so you should have the ability to work independently, as a part of the team and cross-functionally with regional and global colleagues.