Category Sales Planning Manager
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Category Sales Planning Manager is responsible for owning and leading Sales Planning activities to support cross functional and organizational goals. The position will collaborate across multiple functions within Ferrero and operate as the voice of Sales in S&OP. The position will be based in our US headquarters in Parsippany, NJ and report to the VP of Sales Business Operations.
- Lead the Category Sales Planning team, 8 direct reports of highly skilled brand owners and partner with them on their development and career mapping
- Manage in-month volume tracking to Budget and Target at the Brand and Customer/Channel level across multiple portfolios; key collaboration with Sales Leadership Team and weekly presentations to Chief Customer Officer
- Lead process development and enhancements including, but not limited to, Seasonal Activations, Display Programs, and Inventory Strategy
- Provide hands on approach to enhancements as the organization evolves – serve as a key contributor in the S&OP process evolution
- Provide overall leadership for the unconstrained sales plan as a key input into the S&OP process
- Manage risk and waste mitigation via preparation of data and feedback for the monthly Execute Risk Review
- Support the Category Sales Planners in leverage of the Field Sales plan in Consensus and Demand Review
- Partner cross functionally with Sales, Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Customer Service, Trade Marketing, and Marketing
- Serve as an agent of change with an open mind to foster continuous improvements to support the Sales organization
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business discipline required; MBA a plus
- 8+ years of Demand Planning/Forecasting/Sales Planning experience
- Strong knowledge of and experience with S&OP and IBP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with a highly analytical mindset for creative problem solving
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; Excel, Word, PowerPoint is required
- Expertise in working with multiple stakeholders across the end-to-end Supply Chain, Finance, and Commercial teams
- Ability to develop / manage annual financial budgets (volumetrics)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and in a variety of cultures
- Communication skills – advanced writing and communication skills
- Strong and highly effective project management skills
- Leadership skills and the ability to convince, influence, and motivate all levels within the business to achieve objectives
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.