Category Sales Planner - Butterfinger & Crunch
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
- Ferrero USA is headquartered in Parsippany, NJ and operates on a hybrid model with 2 days working from home/3 days working in the office.
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
The Category Sales Planner – Butterfinger/Crunch has responsibility of the Butterfinger and Crunch brands as well as key display programs with an overall growth revenue of more than $350 million annually. The role's duties involve developing sales forecasts, implementing and improving business processes, spoil analysis, developing and executing allocation strategies, and SKU rationalization. Through keen data analysis, the Category Sales Planner’s work results in improved productivity, brand profitability and forecast quality. This type of analysis requires strong analytical skills, a quantitative mindset, and the ability to conceptualize and present the be big picture. This role is critical to cross functional success as it bridges communication and alignment across Marketing, Trade Marketing, Demand Planning, Supply Chain, Field Sales and Sales Leadership.
- Sales Planning POV focus in partnership with Demand Planning and Field Sales
- Constrained and Seasonal/Display item allocation
- Weekly Forecast Validation - Short term item level demand forecast
- Mid term monthly item/brand level demand forecast
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis including shipment: consumption ratios, trend review, forecast accuracy, risk assessment, spoils & waste mitigation and identification of closeout opportunities
Partnership with Supply Chain:
- A collaborative partnership with Demand and Supply Planning is critical to the success of this role as the Sales Forecast Analyst will present the Sales POV to influence the demand plan with the Demand and Supply Planning leads
- Understand lead times on everyday, seasonal, and display items
- Anticipate demand fluctuations as they impact the supply plan – distribution changes, consumption trends, promotions, and customer inventory position
Partnership with Sales:
- Lead calls across accounts to review consumption and shipment trends as compared to field forecast
- Provide recommendations on forecast adjustments where applicable
- Secure the customer level point of view inclusive of drivers and drainers bridging from LY to current forecast
- Understand bottoms up item level forecasts and review at topline in comparison with shipment and consumption trends
Partnership with Trade Marketing
- Tentpole activations and promotional activity
- Customer specific activations and distribution changes
- Brand strategy and innovation
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or a related field
- At least 4 years of progressive experience in Sales Planning, Forecasting, or Demand Planning (CPG preferred)
- Advanced Excel skills in order to analyze and interpret data
- Comfort and ability to navigate interaction with Senior Leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain positive cross-functional relationships
- Solution oriented
- Possess effective time management; maximize productivity to meet critical monthly check-points
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.