Category Development Specialist
Job Location: Senningerberg
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
For our Ferrero Headquarters in Luxembourg, we are currently looking for a Category Development Specialist who will support the Category development and the Channel growth acceleration via the definition of retail execution strategies based of shoppers’ insights, with a global responsibility.
The role offers a great platform to develop and/or strengthen the key Business Management fundamentals:
- Portfolio Management: working cross-functionally with Central and Local teams, support the category development and its execution across the different markets and channels by defining the right range architecture based on key shopping missions and shoppers’ needs
- Retail Activation vision: in straight collaboration with Business Unit partners (Trade Marketing and Channel leaders’ teams), support the definition of the channel-specific Business Blueprint strategies and coordinate its Global deployment via fostering learning sharing and cross-fertilization
- Brand Activation strategies: co-drive Brand presence and campaign execution across channels through excellence in in-store vision, strategy, execution and tracking in alignment with the Global Activity Grid priorities – define and validate with the business community the KPIs to track the execution excellence; review and report the commercial performance, generate insights/recommendation and corrective actions to nurture continuous improvement on the commercial dimension
- Successful innovation deployment: support new product launches, via acting as pivotal point between Central Marketing and the Commercial community. In keeping with the launch plan, provide insights and recommendations on trade unit dimension in respect to the markets/channels’ requirements and key commercial domains overall (i.e., range recommendation, pricing strategy, merchandising principles etc.)
- Multifaceted organization matrix management: ensure an effective project management, coordination, and communication within the Ferrero ecosystem to ensure full alignment on key business priorities amongst all key Stakeholders both centrally and locally
Who we are looking for:
- University Degree, MBA considered a plus
- 3-5 years in a similar function within well-structured multinational company
- Sound knowledge of the FMCG sector
- Team player, entrepreneurial spirit, inquisitive attitude, and pro-activeness are a must.
- Good understanding of Shopper marketing & Category management/Trade Marketing.
- Expertise in merchandising and field force experience is a plus.
- Expertise in working with scan and panel data (i.e., Nielsen, Kantar, IRI).
- Great presentation and communicational skills
- Fluent in English, any other language is a plus.
- MS Office (mastering PowerPoint and Excel);
- Think Cell
- VBA is a plus
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.