Brand Manager - Kinder Joy Licenses & Special Projects
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Kinder Joy was launched in the US in 2017, bringing something new to the category. Kinder Joy is a unique egg-shaped product that generates a surprise experience and creates special parents/child bonding moments. One half of the egg is a sweet treat — two chocolate sweet cream layers topped with cocoa wafer bites. The other half, an interactive toy, that needs assembly and has moving parts for lots of fun.
Kinder Joy, in two years is present in more than 20MM households and consumers love the product. Thanks to the outstanding results achieved, Kinder Joy received the 2018 IRI “New Product Pacesetter” award, as the biggest U.S. Food & Beverage launch for 2018. Innovation is embedded in the Kinder Joy brand, with constant innovation on toys assortment to always surprise consumers. Kinder Joy also offers seasonal and licensed toys to bring additional excitement.
The focus of this role is to keep driving the Kinder Joy brand growth in the US market by:
- Driving propositional awareness, consideration and equity for the brand
- Increasing household penetration
- Delivering integrated marketing campaigns for multiple product launches
- Maximizing potential for existing assortment through channel development/expansion
- Driving accessibility and visibility in-store and throughout the path of purchase
The Kinder team is looking for a dynamic and intellectually curious Brand Manager for Kinder Joy Licenses & Special Projects who can hit the ground running. The Brand Manager will report to the Kinder Joy Senior Brand Manager and will help build and execute the vision for leadership within the category in the US and execute plans for innovation in the short and long-term.
The ideal candidate will bring a balance of strong analytical and project management skills, with a high attention to detail and a keen sense of creativity. The focus of this role is to manage the day- to-day operations of the brand, leading the cross-functional team in delivering product innovation and working with our agency partners and internal partners to develop and execute integrated marketing communications plans and world-class creative to break-through the highly competitive and fragmented chocolate category.
Business and Brand Analysis, Monitoring and Reporting
- In-depth market, competitive and brand analysis to assist in formulating brand strategy within a fast-moving consumer packaged goods category
- Analyzes business and brand results to ensure strategies are working and objectives are being realized, recommending course correction where relevant
- Prepares and creates engaging, meaningful and persuasive presentations
- Owns and actively manages brand marketing budget (planning, revisions and reporting)
New Product Launches and Commercialization
- Manages in full autonomy the activity grid implementation and innovation development (from concept through launch)
- Leads the cross-functional team (project planning, development and execution)
- Leads relations with global teams for activity grid alignments and approvals
- Works closely with Category management and Trade Marketing to develop compelling sell-in stories/toolkits to ensure customer acceptance of innovation
- Works closely with supply and demand teams to ensure product and toy availability and forecast accuracy
Brand Equity, Communications and Shopper Planning and Execution
- Works autonomously with agencies partners and internal partners across Media, E-commerce, Shopper and PR in executing integrated marketing plans
- Collaborates with agency partners in creative and asset development for use in consumer and shopper activation
- Sets and tracks KPIs, offering recommendations for optimization of plans/assets
Leadership and self-management
- Comfortable with multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Inter-departmental integration and engagement (Trade marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, Finance and Legal) to assist in the planning and execution of initiatives
- Able to lead relations with agencies (PR, media, packaging)
- Comfortable with presenting in front of senior management
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field; MBA is a plus
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in consumer-packaged goods brand marketing
- Experience working with syndicated databases; i.e. IRI, ACNielsen
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects within scheduled timelines
- Possesses solid project management skills (planning, execution and assessment)
- Well-versed in Forecasting and budget management
- Knowledge of key trade channels (Convenience, Food, Drug, Mass, Club, e-Com)
- P&L management and global/upstream marketing experience are a plus
- Experience managing licenses and partnerships is a plus
- Experience in digital marketing, content development and managing apps is a plus
Mind-set and Skills
- Passion, energy and drive to work with world-class brands
- Must be self-motivated and exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent analytical skills upon which to base decision-making
- Business acumen, with a knack for turning data into insights and recommendations
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Structured and organized in managing projects and timelines
- Team player able to effectively work with multi-functional team
- Motivation to advance in a merit-based, multinational organization
- Adaptable to foreign cultures
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.