Assistant General Counsel - Marketing
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ OR Chicago, IL
- Ferrero USA is headquartered in Parsippany, NJ and operates on a hybrid model with 2 days working from home/3 days working in the office.
- Parsippany, NJ is the preferred location, but we are also open to the position being based in Ferrero's Chicago, IL office.
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
The Assistant General Counsel will be responsible for providing a broad range of legal services to Ferrero U.S.A., Inc., with a significant focus on food law, marketing law, regulatory matters and contract drafting and negotiation. This role will report directly to and work closely with the General Counsel – U.S. Commercial and will be a business partner who will collaborate effectively across the Company.
- Review of packaging and labeling for food products in compliance with the Food Drug & Cosmetic Act and other regulatory requirements
- Reviewing advertising and promotional materials, including point of sale materials, coupons, press releases, websites, digital and eCommerce content, social media, print, television, etc.
- Counseling on substantiation requirements for a wide variety of product claims, including handling any related challenges from regulators or competitors
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating various agreements, including agency, promotion, sampling, eCommerce, information technology, product guaranty/hold harmless agreements and other commercial agreements
- Assisting on special situations and projects (such as product recalls and reportable food determinations)
- Providing guidance on intellectual property (primarily trademark and copyright) protection
- Providing litigation support as necessary
Who we are looking for:
- Juris Doctorate is required from an accredited law school and must be licensed to practice in New Jersey (or willing to obtain an in-house limited license)
- 4+ years of experience as an attorney with food law and marketing law experience in a top law firm or corporation (in-house experience at a CPG company is preferred)
- Knowledge of FDA and FTC regulations is required
- CPG commercial legal experience is a plus (such as counseling on marketing/advertising, commercial contracts, and IP/trademark protection)
- Experience reviewing product labels and marketing materials for consumer products
- Counseling on related state and local laws and regulations (e.g., Prop 65)
- Demonstrated ability to be a pro-active team player and partner effectively with business clients in a collaborative environment to achieve stated business objectives while minimizing risks
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency, ability to multi-task, ability to handle unanticipated situations effectively and work well under pressure with tight deadlines
- Professional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to translate complicated legal concepts to understandable business terms
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.