Accounts Payable Manager, North America
Job Location: North York/Toronto
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Diversity & Inclusion
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
This position is responsible for the direct supervision of the Internal AP Team including defining policies, process improvements and ensuring compliance with group governance Is also accountable for supporting the implementation of the organizations outsourcing model as it relates to the AP functions. Acts as liaison between internal teams, and external teams including management and staff. Supervises and checks BPO guidelines, processes and regulations. This position is responsible for the direct supervision of the Internal AP Team including defining policies, process improvements and ensuring compliance with group governance Is also accountable for supporting the implementation of the organizations outsourcing model as it relates to the AP functions. Acts as liaison between internal teams, and external teams including management and staff. Supervises and checks BPO guidelines, processes and regulations.
This is a full-time regular position located in our office at 100 Sheppard Avenue E., North York, Ontario M2N 6N5.
Management of Outsource Activity for PTP services (BPO)
• Manages relationship with outsourcer of transactional activities and track performance
• Supervise and check BPO guidelines, BPO process-related proceedings, regulations and the implemented processes during the provision of services
• Contribute to the “Operational Manual”
• Monitor and revisions of reporting including KPI’s and SLA etc.
• Implement and oversee the quality of deliverables
• Conduct regular meetings to improve productivity, and customer satisfaction.
• Review and approval of vendor master data creation
• Ensure proper vendor assessments and analysis is done
• Intercompany contract management, reconciliation and charging of services
• Assist in optimization of processes for PTP
• Review and approval of payment proposals
Reporting / Controls
• Prepares reporting in compliance with Group requirements and deadlines
• Establishes KPI and targets for PTP and track the performance aging
• Ensure data integrity between interface of different systems
• Review of all variances between actual and standard and investigate large variances with targets.
Governance Risk and Compliance
• Ensure the deployment of Group internal audit rules (at local level), included in the GRC program (Governance Risk Compliance), as well as assure the compliance with legal constraints in order to safeguard Company assets and avoid dishonest behaviors.
• Assist on documentation to maintain corporate governance requirements and records
External and Government Audits
• Provide information to Audit firm for completion of Year End Audit
• Provide information to Audit firm for completion of Corporate Tax
• Responsible for completion of Government audits
Personnel Management and Development
• Responsible for managing people assigned
• Recruits, manages, motivates, coaches and develops own team
• Develop and ensure a personnel management system based on identification of the Group’s values, motivation, and development of competence for all related positions in order to maximize results and business competitiveness within the department
Who We Are Looking For
- A Bachelor’s degree and 15 years of experience
- Knowledge of financial and management accounting
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and IFRS
- Knowledge of ERP and reporting systems
- Ability to enforce administrative financial control systems, policies and procedures
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports
- Strong Leadership skills
- Must be results driven and proactive
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.