Warehouse Supervisor 2
Job Location: Bloomington, IL
Company description - DO NOT EDIT
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
About the Role:
Coordinates all duties of department or area. These include but are not limited to improving safety, reducing costs, improving quality, and maximizing the department’s effectiveness through long term planning and project implementation. Coordinates communication among and between Warehouse Operations and Production planning and operations. Warehouse Supervisor manages hourly employees in assigned area, provides appropriate training, development, ensures consistent roll out of plant policies & procedures.
- Supervise day-to-day activities of assigned department. Provide guidance and training to hourly workforce to ensure production, supply chain and quality goals are met. Meet scheduled commitments on a timely basis with respect to mixing, sifting and delivering WIP to designated areas. Meet shipping and receiving schedules as well as inventory control and accuracy. Maintain positive employee relations, open communications while resolving employee discipline or performance issues. Maintain professional relationships with other departments within the plant and corporate office.
- Meet ad-hoc customer requirements or to deal with unexpected Supply Chain disruptions
- Ensure all raw material, packaging material, WIP and finished goods are handled within GMP and FIFO guidelines.
- Drive cost saving initiatives to improve performance and cost of the warehouse operation. Also ensure the correct construction, control and management of the budget of warehousing (cost budget for warehousing and possible investment requirements).
- Develop, maintain and empower a quality conscientious attitude among employees. Help identify long term opportunities and solutions for continuous improvement. Promote open communications between shifts and departments. Develop teamwork approach to teams.
- Ensure all employees have the required level of safety training, all equipment and installations are well maintained with safety guards & devices and associates are using the appropriate PPE.
Who we are looking for:
MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- BA / BS Degree in Logistics / Supply Chain or equivalent experience.
- SAP experience preferred.
- 3 years progressive experience in a manufacturing warehouse environment.
- Previous supervisory/people leader responsibilities preferred.
- Firm understanding of manufacturing production and distribution processes.
- Good understanding of manufacturing and logistic processes.
- Experience in the food processing, aseptic or pharmaceutical industry is highly preferred
- Communication skills (strong verbal and written required).
- Troubleshooting / problem-solving (analytical) skills
- Interpersonal skills (ability to effectively work with all levels from hourly to management).
- Leadership and teamwork skills.
- Time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Excel, SAP
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.