Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Transportation Operations Analyst is to act as the single point of contact for all transportation operations related services. Included in this responsibility is the overseeing of day to day transportation activities, such as on time pickup and delivery as well as prompt, concise and clear communications of service disruptions and resolutions in a professional manner. Initiate service and cost improvements through data driven root-cause analysis using any of the Lean disciplines. Build strong, long-lasting relationships with Ferrero Carrier partners to ensure Ferrero remains a “shipper of choice”. This position will be located in our Parsippany, N.J. office.
- Serve as single point of contact for all internal and external transportation related inquiries by providing track and trace support to resolve issues and solve problems.
- Support Customer Service, Planning and Sales to meet urgent delivery requests from Customers, monitor exceptions and provide real-time updates to the Key Stakeholders
- Lead investigations to verify and resolve Customer transportation disruptions.
- Monitor systematic data flow between SAP and 3PL transportation planning systems
- Support New Carrier onboarding and off boarding as needed
- Deep dive root-cause analyses of processes to provide recommendations back to the business to drive efficiencies and competitive advantage.
- Work with Carriers on resolving missed pickup appointments and ensuring on time delivery
- Coordinate month end activities in collaboration with Ferrero Carriers and DCs to ensure planned loads are shipped as scheduled.
- Build relationships with 3rd parties and leverage to maintain/improve relations and access to data
- Attend Carrier meetings in collaboration with the Ferrero Procurement Manager to forge strong operational relationships helping Ferrero to be a "shipper of choice"
- Analyze on time reporting and drive process improvements to increase on-time delivery to original requested delivery dates and on-time delivery to appointments
- Partner with Carriers and 3PLs to create strategic and sustainable process improvements to ensure exceptional on time service to Ferrero Customers
- Analyze data and processes to make recommendations back to the business to ensure Ferrero is achieving maximum truck saturation.
- Validation and approval of all Freight Payment exceptions, including but limited to accessorial and spot market rates.
- Partner with Reverse Logistics associate to research and validate customer penalties and deductions
- Support cross functional teams, such as Group Policy Manager, Carriers, DCs, Insurance group etc. in claim resolution
- Provide assistance to Supply Chain and Sales to resolve transportation issues by providing the best optimized route options that support on time and cost objectives
- Understand how the daily transactions impact the budget and help to drive an efficient transportation network.
- Secure lowest cost/highest service Carriers for uncovered freight
- Create and implement proactive transportation planning strategies for customer penalty avoidance (i.e Target, Walmart OTIF)
Who We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Logistics or Supply Chain (preferably in Consumer Products)
- SAP knowledge and usage
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong, independent analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail
- Results-oriented, innovative thinker with a focus on continuous process improvement, process-driven
- Must be able to work in a team environment and manage conflicting priorities while meeting deadline
- Experience working with TMS and transportation planning
- Understanding of warehouse operations and transportation law
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.