Supply Chain Specialist Hazelnut Company Italy
Job Location: Caprarola
Caprarola (VT) - Italy
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Local Supply Chain Manager of the Ferrero Hazelnut Company Italy, the Transport Inbound and Customs Specialist will ensure the operating management of transport planning for inbound flows from abroad, being the reference point for operative customs issues (duties, fee payments, claims..). Working in an integrated and fast-growing function, the Transport Inbound and Customs Specialist will have a key role in the local supply chain development.
- Plans the transport and manage inbound flows from abroad;
- Manage the B2B transport and intercompany deliveries;
- Monitors the transportation execution interacting with carrier in order to solve customs queries;
- Ensures the visibility on the current situation of the flows (Track and Trace activities);
- Monitors the carrier performance via specific KPI;
- Calculates the penalties and charges;
- Verify the extra costs and penalties;
- Manage the insurance claims;
- Set ups the reverse logistic flows.
- Guarantees the correctness and completeness of data/documents collection, information processing and information sharing;
- Ensures the archiving of relevant documents, following Local customs regulations;
- Supports customs brokers and Supply Chain on operative topics/issues (i.e. specific requests from customs authorities, questions on I/C flows, doubts on customs documentation filling, etc.);
- Approves customs brokers’ invoices before payments;
- Manages all import activities, in compliance with guidelines and according to procurement plans and production scheduling.
Budgeting and para-administrative activities:
- Provide the information in order to prepare the transportation budget;
- Provides support in the definition and negotiation of agreements and prices for the transports;
- Ensure the correct issuance of the pre-invoice.
Who we are looking for:
The successful candidate will be an experienced subject matter expert in integrated supply chain, with a focus in transport & inbound management. The candidate must be a self-starter, adaptable, flexible, with a strategic global mindset.
- Degree in Economics, Management Engineering or Supply Chain Management. An high school diploma supported by specific training courses in customs and transport management will be considered an accetable substitute;
- Experience in transport management and planning (3+ years);
- Knowledge of customs operations in the Italian territory and EU sanitary and phytosanitary (SPS) measures for import is a plus;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- English fluency;
- Experience with SAP ECC is a plus.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.