Supervisor Product Quality Audit Team USA
Job Location: Parsippany
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Supervisor Product Quality Audit Team USA oversees the collection and analysis of in store data about Ferrero product: Best Before Date, Product Quality Defects
A group of full time and/or part time auditors collect the data from retail stores across the country. This role recruits, trains and supervises all the individuals in this group. It is this role’s responsibility to ensure all data collected is accurate, timely, has integrity and is relative and appropriate to the measurements required.
This role is responsible for the review, and interpretation of data as well as preparation of reports and recommendations.
- Manage the relationship with the third-party auditing agency to ensure alignment in objectives and execution.
- Understand food product quality auditing principles (ie: statistics, military standard, sampling plan, data, and trend analysis).
- On-boarding and ongoing training of new Retail Auditors
- Store retro visits to guarantee audit validity and confidence
- One-to-one training of Retail Auditors including shadowing auditors as they perform their duties.
- Ensure auditing costs remain in line with budget.
- Daily reporting, and analysis to identify short-and-long term performance, trends, and patterns.
- Communicate clearly with members of the Quality Team and other functional areas to rectify issues and take advantage of opportunities
- Operation of handheld technology/reporting systems
Who we are looking for:
- BS Degree in Science with 4-7 years of quality in food industry, sensory function, product quality control, R&D
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of USA retail market (food & consumer products industry preferred)
- Experience in product quality auditing
- Knowledge and practice of SAP
- People and team management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Excel, Powerpoint)
- Excellent communication skills (internally & externally)
- Ability to set and achieve goals
- Ability to lead and influence others
- Ability to work independently and effectively with others in a customer focused environment
- Time management effectiveness
- Ability to travel 25%-50% in USA
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.