Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Manage the products’ recipes, secure the official documentation and responsible for the correct transfer of the recipe into the production process. Define the technological processes and parameters to achieve the standards required by Ferrero. Contact person for the central technological departments (DTC, R&D), the Plant Manager and the Production Managers for product innovation and innovation of the production process.
Ensure the technological production process optimization and the “best practice” transfer to the Production Managers, monitor the execution and define the records keeping for the technological parameters. Reference point for any technological issues experienced on the lines Whether specialized in a single technology (i.e. modeling), operates as the professional reference of that specific technology.
This position represents a link between the different departments (production, quality, maintenance)
One of the first contact persons in case of problems, optimizations (lines, product and process) and improvement of performance (productivity and reduction of waste)
PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGICAL ASSISTANCE, INDUSTRIALIZATION AND TECHNOLOGICAL PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
- Provides technological process optimization and advices to set up the production cycle, analyze the cycle and find out corrective actions needed.
- Executes test (even in collaboration with DTC) and new receipts testing. Defines new technological methods and monitors production parameters. Provides information and qualified advice prior the test approval.
- Provides advises once new receipts are entered in the system (official documentation), performs SAP data entry and fit new doses to the production process (comparison of the declared recipe with the production process for compliance).
- Definition of procedures and rules for process data acquisition (by system or manually by Production/Quality Department).
- Provides a central interface to the Production Manager and to the Plant Manager, for technological projects, new projects and improvement projects.
NEW PLANTS START UP
- Cooperates and provides support to Maintenance and to DSTI for the startup of new plants/lines/machineries.
- Provides advice for workability tests on raw materials, semifinished and finished goods on new machineries, in collaboration with DSTI, Suppliers, UGP and Maintenance.
- Consultation on technology in carrying out the technical inspection of the new production lines
MONITORING OF THE PRODUCT TECHNOLOGICAL CYCLE, INCLUDED PROCESS PARAMETER
- Performs regular monitoring of parameters that might affect product and materials reaction (characteristics of the product in the different processing phases, consumption, rejects, recipe, weight etc ....) on different production line.
- For all process phases / sub-phases: definition of the operating and control instructions, the scope of functions / influence of the variables and process parameters as support for Production and Quality Department.
- Receives continuous updates on the environmental parameters monitoring (temperature, humidity, …) from the line team, including updates on “allergen cross-contamination”.
- Defines and plans preventive, corrective and improvement actions, based on analysis provided by the junior technologist.
- Whether needed, provides advice for the monitoring of the HACCP, and Quality/Environmental corporate certifications.
- Provides mentoring and training to Junior Technologists, operators and supervisors on site.
- Defines technical training and development programs for all Junior Technologists.
- Cooperates in evaluating Junior Technologists performance.
- Identifies new production methods and technologies (often in collaboration with universities).
- Performs on field experiments and data mining to evaluate the feasibility of development project ideas.
- Requires estimates to department in charged and follows up of the state of work for experimental activities.
- Overall evaluation on the feasibility and possible request for approval.
- Provides an interface as Center of Competence, for all Ferrero Technologists.
- Manages projects, in case of a project implementation, in cooperation with the DTC.
- Whether problems are experienced, provides advice for the locking/unlocking of semifinished and finished goods.
- Receives information from the AQS whether issues are detected during the analysis performed on product.
- Takes part in the HACCP process, providing advice to the AQS for the HACCP planning and to the ISO process.
- Ensures that tasting activity along the production line are correctly carried out, and possible issues are timely reported to him/her.
- Detect root causes for issues experienced based on alerts received by the AQS.
- Supports the AQS when it’s audited, and is informed on the Military Standard application
- Ensure all program requirements/standards regarding quality and food safety are implemented, practiced and maintained
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 4 years experience
- Strong scientific, technical and mechanical background with excellent knowledge of Ferrero lines.
- Strong knowledge of the production processes including phases, cycles, production models and Ferrero information systems related to production
- Knowledge of Maintenance processes and programs related to the production/packaging lines
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deal with people from all levels
- Strong math skills
- Knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge of Microsoft Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.