Sr. Functional Analyst SAP, Transportation
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Sr. Analyst, SAP – Transportation, will work as the daily operational support for all Transportation interfaces and acts as the liaison between the Key Internal Business users, External Business Partners and IT to develop reliable and sustainable SAP transportation solutions, thus streamlining and enhancing communications between the Transportation 3PL, Carriers and Ferrero. The goal is to ensure all Ferrero Teams have full visibility of all Finished Good movements throughout the supply chain to final delivery to the Customer, as well as all providing data required to support transportation freight payment and transportation related KPIs, analytics and cost savings initiatives.
The Sr. Analyst , SAP - Transportation will lead and support design governance within the Transportation Operations Solution Area, recommending and approving designs to take forward to implementation and producing High Level designs for new systems and changes of any size and complexity. They will be looked to as the “expert” within the SAP Transportation Functional Area to understand, evaluate and articulate recommendations for solutions that provide the best outcome for internal and external customers. They will also be responsible for day-to-day operations of all transportation interfaces, including proper IDoc management required to support daily business processes and data flow.
- Responsible for daily Transportation IDoc management. Appropriate and timely resolution of IDoc errors to support the business processes.
- Work with IT and the 3PL to implement long-term countermeasures to create 100% no touch IDoc processing environment.
- Monitor operation of critical business processes and provide functional SAP support to Key Business Users
- Ensure training materials and user skills are current and coordinate necessary user training on SAP shipments and shipment cost modules.
- Provide training to user on new enhancements and integrations
- Works with internal business stakeholders and external 3PL Partners to assess current business and system processes and defines plans for improvement
- Supports SAP Transportation implementation projects through all phases including blueprint, design, development & testing, implementation, and post go-live support in partnership with the IT Team
- Assesses ongoing project issues and risks and work with management to manage risks
- Lead project meetings and provide project tracking and analysis to Key Business Stakeholders and the Senior Leadership Team with minimal supervision.
- Participate in end-to-end design workshops, providing knowledge of industry best practices and application of SAP implementation experience.
- Works with external partners to implement new services or enhance existing services. Articulates Ferrero’s goals and objectives to the external partner, test interfaces, systems, coordinate project work tasks, ensure documentation of any relevant knowledge transfer.
Who we are looking for:
This role requires a 4-year degree in a Business discipline, mathematics, engineering, or computer science.
- 5+ years' experience working hands-on with SAP implementation and a thorough understanding of SAP implementation and configuration methods
- Extensive knowledge of SAP transportation modules, interfaces and IDoc Management
- Ability to work with technical and External 3PL teams to translate Ferrero business user requirements into functional solutions and thereupon into technical solutions for implementation.
- Experience with Sales and Distribution and Logistics Execution modules
- Experience working on SAP version ECC 6.0.
- Experience with Logistics Execution, Shipment document types, Transportation planning and shipment life cycle management
- Experience with third party logistics interfaces (AS2, XML, EDI) and working knowledge with 3rd party logistics vendors
- Strong Process & Project Management
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal with ambiguities
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.