Shift Supervisor (RTO) - Nutella UGP
Job Location: Brantford
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The RTO will coordinate the team members on the production line for the production execution during the shift and ensure productive factors availability (raw materials, packaging, and people) following UGP Manager guidelines.
- Ensures the availability of packaging, semi-finished product and raw materials for the shift
- Manages and resolves availability issues related to packaging, semi-finished product and raw materials
- Prepares picking list for raw materials and semi-finished products
- Support the AG in the monthly inventory adjustment,
- Ensures left over items (finished, semi-finished, bulk, raw materials) are returned to warehouse at the end of the week
Production Planning/Shift Handover
- Supports the planning of the operating activities on the lines within his area of competence
- Prints the production programs and the production models and completes all the necessary actions shared with the UGP Manager for the production program execution
- Supports the Local Planning Department and the Team leaders for the in process changes of quantity to produce
- Supervises and changeover activities, together with the Quality Department and Packaging Component Providers
- In conjunction with Team Leaders and Maintenance, participates in and supports the equipment start up of the line of his area of competence
- Verify and inspects cleaning activities completed by Operators and Team Leaders
- Completes all shift handover responsibilities, supporting Team leader in communicating main information and issues
- Supervises and collects data from Team Leaders in order to update Production system (SAP for line hours, manpower, waste and recyclables)
- Approves and submits all shift reports and shift end production declaration
Safety and Hygiene
- Responsible for the hygiene and sanitation compliance of the production area;
- Supports periodic scheduling of sanitation measures to rearrange work areas and disinfect equipment and tools.
- Collaborates with Quality Department and Team Leader in supporting and supervising auto-control activities
- Ensures compliance with health & safety regulations not limited to and including the assigned production area;
- Human Resources Management
- Responsible for the accurate allocation of employees on the lines (absence and availability verification, team composition, cross-lines and cross departments movement)
- Support the UGP Manager in the management of absenteeism and documentation due to scheduled vacations and unscheduled illnesses to ensure proper coverage;
Who we are looking for:
- Knowledge of production lines and machinery (production performance indicators, technological processes)
- Knowledge of stock management and production models
- Knowledge of planning techniques
- Knowledge and application of production performance analysis methods
- Knowledge and application of Ferrero Safety, Quality and Sanitation policies and procedures
- Knowledge and application of production KPI’s
- Strong communications skills in a multi-cultural environment;
- Demonstrated ability to direct production employees in a proactive and positive manner;
- Demonstrated problem solving and leadership skills;
- Ability to troubleshoot technological problems
- Demonstrated team building skills;
- Knowledge of production scheduling
- Human resource management skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision in a rotating shift environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools; Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Fully company paid benefits
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Great employer-matched pension program
- 16 weeks Parental Leave top-up
- Opportunitites for advancement
- Continuous training opportunities
- EAP Program
- Competitive wages
- Shift Premiums
- Employee events such as BBQ’s, Ice cream days, and Ferrero product give aways!
- On site cafeteria
- Free parking
Ferrero Canada will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise the HR Representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.